lazy.student
    Participant
    @lazy-student

I’ve wanted to get a tattoo for ages, and I’ve gone for a simple nautical star (figured i could add to it later)

But interested in where to get it, maybe on my wrist on in between the first finger and the thumb (like tommy lee)

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

here is my suggestion…….. ( I refuse to tattoo hands) 😉

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Why?????????

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i dont know if that is a why??? dont i tattoo hands…

i refuse to do hands, faces, necks and throats… i wont do public area tattoos because it can prevent you from being employed.. lots of employers still regard tattoos as a no-no..

i would rather turn down the money than to mess up somebodies future, it aint all about the money !!
    i love what i do with passion.

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77
    Outlaw;45940 wrote:
    i dont know if that is a why??? dont i tattoo hands…

i refuse to do hands, faces, necks and throats… i wont do public area tattoos because it can prevent you from being employed.. lots of employers still regard tattoos as a no-no..

i would rather turn down the money than to mess up somebodies future, it aint all about the money !!
    i love what i do with passion.

Lol. No, no, nooo not to you Outlaw.

That whyyy??? Was to “whyyyyy are people posting such dumb posts”
    😎

ChochoTheButterfly
    Participant
    @chochothebutterfly

I don’t think it’s bad post. I think it’s a smart one. Lot of people don’t know where to get one. But I agree with not public area. Tattoo is still taboo for a lot of people. Even if the employer likes tattoos not all customers do.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

get on one each knee and each shoulder and the russian mafia will come after you LOL
    😎

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Here is something to keep in mind. You will want to look at the meaning of many tattoos before getting one. Sometimes the meaning doesn’t fit your lifestyle. The Nautical Star represents the North star, and that you are searching for your way. With that in mind, does this still fit you?

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    here is my suggestion…….. ( I refuse to tattoo hands

I am pretty well covered yet I still don’t have hands, feet, neck, or face done I highly doubt I ever will

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Aussie_Al;45965 wrote:
    I am pretty well covered yet I still don’t have hands, feet, neck, or face done I highly doubt I ever will

somebody with sense at last emote_coolthumb.gif

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i actually fancy a small cherry blossom on the side of my hand .
    for some reason it seems more acceptable for woman to have hand tattoos then men when it comes to finding a job.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Have you read my piece on prejudice and hand tattooing?

I can assure you that after many interviews with employers and people with hand tattoos unless you are self employed or working within the manual work industry the majority of employers simply won’t employ you.

It all goes back to the issue of customers=money.

If the customer has a prejudice about hand ink they won’t buy their product so they won’t employ ppl with inked hands, faces or throats.

Some are more open about the policy than others – many may find another excuse not to employ but getting your hands done as a first tattoo is a serious no-no.

There is far too much emphasis by the media on hand ink as being criminally minded or those pain in the arse footballer’s wives or girlfriends who don’t actually work for a living anyway.

Also they are murder to keep inked as they wear out really quick.

@ Tana

The reason that women can get away more with hand ink is because the main prejudice is actually directed towards males.

This is because most hand ink is associated with criminal behaviour or stature – the Russians and Eastern Europeans are prominent examples.

Also it is often stereotyped that women will have less ‘aggressive’ hand tattoos such as flowers or butterflies etc – making it slightly more socially acceptable.

Also the impact of media on ‘celebrities’ with hand tattoos tends to be female orientated which tends to make the non-tattooed mind-set slightly more permissive.

I must write a formal paper on it at somepoint as I have stacks of info which i did not include in my thesis.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

speaking of butterflies , would be cool to get a butterfly wing on each hand and then they make a full one when hands are together 😎

ChochoTheButterfly
    Participant
    @chochothebutterfly

I love butterflies. but they so over done from what I can see. I wanted one, but it seems typical for a girl to have a butterfly. If I could ever get good design that was original I would get a big one.

It’s not more accepted for girls in my opinion. I think it’s just that girls get softer tattoos. Such as butterflies, flowers, and stars. Where guys get dragons. tribals, and skulls. Usually, not all the time though.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    Butterfly_Kisses;45985 wrote:
    i actually fancy a small cherry blossom on the side of my hand .
    for some reason it seems more acceptable for woman to have hand tattoos then men when it comes to finding a job.

if you are thinking of on the little finger side of your hand then be careful, it has a tendency of fading very quickly…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.