matronmedusa
    Participant
    @matronmedusa

White works very well to highlight darker areas, but not everyone will heal it out the same. If it goes in real easy and shows right up, chances are it will be there for at least a couple of years (from my personal experience). Sometimes, it just needs an extra pop once it’s healed, and sometimes it doesn’t show up at all. I’ve noticed the color of the skin really has nothing to do with this; it’s just the individual. Reds work well depending on how much red is already in their skin tone; the more red in the skin tone, the less you’ll see the ink. Blues I have the best luck with, but yellow and orange are 98% of the time a no-go. Where white doesn’t work too well and yellow and orange are out of the question, I’ve found flesh tones to highlight VERY well. I use Intenze inks, and their “fleshpot” makes an awesome alternative to yellow; especially for fire.

bigamac
    Participant
    @bigamac

Sup man (:

Haven’t read what people have suggested.
    But from what i saw once before.
    Without sounding racist at all, what about white ink?
    I saw a african black man before with white ink, and it looked too good!

Just a suggestion (:

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

You’re replying to a year-old post and you didn’t even bother reading the answers posted in that year?

Brian@Inkbox
    Participant
    @brianinkbox

I have a friend that is medium toned, and takes Melinnium power white very well. I find that with his skin tone, it is easier to think of inks as shades not really as colors. Just think of what color you want to “tint” the skin, and use accordingly. But again, black is the strongest, but I have had a customer that was very dark black, and had a neck tattoo he wanted redone, but the design was as dark as he was and there was nothing we could do. Even the stencils barely showed up. Good question, its nice to see someone doing some homework before doing an impulse tattoo………B.

bodyinktube
    Participant
    @bodyinktube

Definately some shades of red would suit skin colour. Possibly gradient shades in general, like lighter or darker shades of your own skin colour.

Token Tom
    Participant
    @token-tom

I agree that it depends on the darkness of the skin. The hot colors like red, orang and yellow along with their variations (and white) really don’t show that well on darker skin. It’s also very difficult to shade on darker skin. I’d stick with dark solids – solid black or the darker blues, greens & purples etc. I’d like to see pics of the black guy with the white in the reverse areas too! I’ve found that whites show up best next to a real dark color and tends to wash out in large areas.

Token Tom
    Participant
    @token-tom
    BIKERinBLACK77;45811 wrote:
    That’s what we’re here for!!!!

I agree that it depends on the darkness of the skin. The hot colors like red, orang and yellow along with their variations (and white) really don’t show that well on darker skin. It’s also very difficult to shade on darker skin. I’d stick with dark solids – solid black or the darker blues, greens & purples etc. I’d like to see pics of the black guy with the white in the reverse areas too! I’ve found that whites show up best next to a real dark color and tends to wash out in large areas.

TattooFanaticBlog
    Participant
    @tattoofanaticblog
    rebelprettyboy;45713 wrote:
    I was wondering which colors of ink show up well on African Americans?

Well if you’re pure african american like a cedric the entertainer skin color not much ink will show up well unfortunately. I’am in between african american a carmal color and a lot of my ink is colorful and shows up well.

temporarytattoo
    @

It is mostly depend on your skin color and i would recommend you mostly to use light colors and attractive one.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.