ryder004
    Participant
    @ryder004

but it wasn’t by a professional it was a do it from home guy, so he didn’t tell me much after i got it except that i gota put on the A&D cream on it for 2 weeks. so i went to rite aid and they were closed because its 12:00 right now.

my question is will my tattoo mess up if i dont get the cream on it for about 15 hours? and my friend says i have to put a napkin on it for 2 days…is this true?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

unless he/she pushed the ink in real deep and you have a thick scan it shouldn’t make too much of a difference . sorry but most home tattoo’s are a mess anyways !

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77
    Butterfly_Kisses;44941 wrote:
    unless he/she pushed the ink in real deep and you have a thick scan it shouldn’t make too much of a difference . sorry but most home tattoo’s are a mess anyways !

First; you should be fine. I use Aquaphor by Eucerin cause it works magic for healing my ink.

Second; I don’t agree with your statement Butterfly. && this isn’t me trying to start an argument. But, wha tartistic difference does it make if it’s in a rented/owned bussiness center OR let’s just say on on personal time away from a shop at the artist home?

Also, what about tattoo conventions? Technically, it is the same as doing it at home. Correct??? 😎

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Well the location of the artist does not matter, but his quality sure does.. and just from this one sentence (“it wasn’t by a professional it was a do it from home guy, so he didn’t tell me much after i got it except that i gota put on the A&D cream on it for 2 weeks.”) I would think he’s a hack and a shoddy tattoois.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

I have to agree Biker. I run a shop in Mineral Wells Texas and My brother just left me high and dry so I hired another artist to take his place. The artist I hired, until recently worked out of his kitchen. Normally I wouldn’t even give the guy a chance, but go to our webpage and look at his work. http://www.newcovenantinktattoo.net and you’ll see why I hired him.

What set him apart from the rest of the kitchen crowd is that he’s a professional. Does that mean he was formally trained in a studio? No, it doesn’t. But I’ll tell you what, he knows more about Blood Borne Pathogens and sterilization than most decade veterans in a shop. He’s obsessive about cleanliness, he uses a $400.00 hand crafted machine for shading, and his liner isn’t far behind. He’s gone top notch and best quality at every step.

What I’m saying is that Butterfly is right, MOST work at home tattooists are pathetic. The key in what she said is MOST. Most of them are. I fix so much screwed up work from the kitchen crew that it makes me sick. I don’t know why people would put themselves in so much danger to get a tattoo from them. But they do, and they continually get screwed around, then they have to pay me twice what they would have had to pay to begin with just to get it fixed.

Concerning Conventions, no it is nothing like tattooing at home. You see, at home there are no rules, no regulations, no over sight. You can do whatever you damn well please. At a convention, to tattoo you must present a license, you must have everything needed to maintain a sterile environement, and you are overseen by the convention inspectors. In most cases the requirements are even stricter than in a shop.

Now for this guy. Talk to Sherav, he’ll direct you to work he’s already written on how to take care of it. From now on, quit going to wannabe artists. Stick with professionals.

ryder004
    Participant
    @ryder004

my tattoo actually came out good. this guy aint an official pro, however he was a tattoo artist for 4 years and worked in the shop and everything, but he was unhappy with the money he was making so he quit to go open a truck shop, he has a almost pro studio in his garage.

but back to the point: i got the cream, how thick do i put it on and how many times a day?

ryder004
    Participant
    @ryder004

my tattoo actually came out good. this guy aint an official pro, however he was a tattoo artist for 4 years and worked in the shop and everything, but he was unhappy with the money he was making so he quit to go open a truck shop, he has a almost pro studio in his garage.

but back to the point: i got the cream, how thick do i put it on and how many times a day?

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

If he was a pro, an almost pro, or an artist in a studio with 4 years of experience he would have explained all that to you. The fact that he didn’t shows he isn’t. Go to my websight, http://www.newcovenantinktattoo.net click on the tattoo aftercare page and read it. Do what it says. I suggest NOT using A&D ointment, but since you’ve already spent the money on it, do what you want. If you want to know how to properly take care of your tattoo go to the websight above, click on the tattoo aftercare page and follow the instructions.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Read the thread with interest.

My advice is in 2 parts;

I am not going to bang on about where the tattoo was done – my concern is how the tattoo was done.

Did the guy use sterile disposable needles and tubes? Were these broken out in front of you?

If not did he take them out of the autoclave in front of you? Did you see the spore count certificate?

Were gloves used?

If the answer was no to any of these you need to take your arse down to the Dr’s and get tested for HIV and Hepatitis. Seriously – my mate was done at age of 14 he died of liver damage caused by hep in his early 30’s.

The second part of advice is how to care for your tattoo.

You can click on my sig and check out tattoo aftercare or read S Neill’s – his is also an excellent resource.

You only use enough antiseptic to give it a light coating and do this x2 a day.

After this when it peels you can use a non-scented lotion or one of the made for tattoo creams such as tattoo goo or H2Ocean both have excellent reports.

Avoid anything with petroleum.

But I underline get those blood tests – you are likely fine but could be putting yourself and others at risk if you are wrong.

Take care
    Matthew

ryder004
    Participant
    @ryder004

ya everything was sterile, new needles and he wore gloves.

oh and why not A&D?

oh and: OMG IM AN IDIOT!!! after i got the tat i went home and went to bed and forgot to wrap it with bandages…….im about 16 hours with the tat…is it too late to put them on?

as soon as i remember i ran to the bathroom and washed my arms with soap and re put the cream back on

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

remember when putting cream on…….

too much cream is worse than none at all

ryder004
    Participant
    @ryder004
    Outlaw;44969 wrote:
    remember when putting cream on…….

too much cream is worse than none at all

ok thx, now that i think about it i may need to lay off it.

but im still concerned that i didnt put ANY wrappings on it when i got it and i still don’t, is it going to mess up?

i woke up this morning and washed it with soap, and put cream on after, but i dunno if that helps

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Notice how i said most ?? never said all !! :rolleyes:
    will have to see a pic to judge !!

ryder004
    Participant
    @ryder004

^^
    pic coming tomorrow:)

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

jolly good, what is it you have had done anyways ?
    i didnt notice if you said what it is yet ?

Tana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.