yerino
    Participant
    @yerino

hi,

after recently deciding against my first tattoo design idea.. i then found this –

englishtattoo1.jpg

i really like it!!.. 🙂

what do you guys think? have u seen it in the flesh? has anyone got a sketch copy o it..

any alterations you lot can think off to make it better?? all opinions welcome!! 🙂

thanks in advance, look forward to your help.

liam

(obv it will be neater, but thts the only copy i could find AND it wll be upper arm) x

nickthenug
    Participant
    @nickthenug

I say if you like it and it means something to you – go for it! I would go to a shop that you have researched, find an experienced artist, and have them draw it out for you 😉

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Liam

The only thing I would say about the tattoos is that the shield is way too plain.

That is the centre piece and the edges could do with thickening and more scrollwork or emblem adding to it so it stands out as a proper shield.

Is there any motto or script you would like above or below?

Will make a nice tattoo.

Take care
    Matthew

yerino
    Participant
    @yerino

Thank you guys 🙂

Appreciate your replies. 🙂

I shall take on board your advice Matthew and see what I can do. Thanks again.

I don’t suppose anyone has a proper sketch of this design?? I’m sure I’ve seen it before! Thank you x

colossus
    Participant
    @colossus

is there any meaning it carrying? looks cool though.

nickthenug
    Participant
    @nickthenug

I’m new to these forums but listen to Sherav, lol. Knows what he’s talking about…

wak
    Participant
    @wak

It’s a good start – but now take it to a place tat means something to you. The shield cries out King George Cross. Are you British? If not – perhaps choose a shield that has some history for you…

The tribal behind it looks fine to me… if you like it – I don’t see a need to change it.

Sherav nailed (like usual) it for an easy fix-up… make the shield shape really tight. There’s heaps of examples of this if you search for ‘family crest’ ideas.

Good luck!

yerino
    Participant
    @yerino

Yes I am British (English) so I will keep the British feature… I plan to keep the tribal, maybe give or take a tiny little bit :)… now about the shield?

So you suggest maybe making it bolder?? .. as in the shield outline thicker or the shield outline darker? (or both)… any examples would be great? 🙂

has anyone seen this kinda design on anyone in the flesh? do u reckon upper arm will be good?
    and as Matthew said about the writing.. anyone got any thoughts on this ?

thank you guys again!

imthenewcancer7
    Participant
    @imthenewcancer7

if you really want it then go for it….but you said that you went against your first idea might want to think long and hard and see if you will be happy with it

im just sayin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.