NeedleAndTheSpoon
    Participant
    @needleandthespoon

can i just bring a picture and they can work off that? or do i have to get a special printout or a stencil or something

its not too complex, i want this tattoo

fighting-irish.gif

wak
    Participant
    @wak

That should be a fine for them to draw a stencil from.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

Alot of tattoo shops in the US will have that guy as flash already

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

What’s the Irish connection?

Purplestar

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

In the USA its the mascot for the football team “Notre Dame” the fighting Irish

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

That’s interesting!

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

I’ve seen this tattoo more than once in real life, and truth to be told, no matter how good the artist is, that tattoo always looks like thrice hammered shit. The problem with it is all that white. Unless you’re whitey McWhiterton, the white won’t show up through your skin tone very well, and either way, white fades faster than any other color.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

Maybe it wouldl work if you had a pastie white Irish complexion. Then you wouldn’t need to fill in the white!

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

One word for you purplestar: Freckles.

Oh GOD the freckles.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

Ha Ha….do they disappear under white ink.

No freckles on me. They talk about the Luck of the Irish, but I guess that is not the case for all.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

You know, I’ve never thought about wether freckles disappear under white ink or not. That actually threw me for a second. Still, now that I HAVE thought about it, it seems to me that no, they would not. Your tattoo is like a piece of art seen through a tinted window; the lighter the tint and the more powerful the colors of the artwork, the better you can see it. However, white, being so light, will invariably be somewhat changed the tint no matter what.

And, to extend the metaphor, freckles are like spots in the window where the tint is stronger than in others, so in those freckled places, the colors need to be darker to overcome the tint.

Besides, freckles are actually kind of sexy on a chick. On a guy however, they make him look like he’s 12, even when he’s 40.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

NeedleAndTheSpoon
    Participant
    @needleandthespoon

why wont white ink show very well? im not naturally dark, but im not really pale either…and right now im much more tan because its summer

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Ya, just bring it in and they will work from that.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    NeedleAndTheSpoon;42557 wrote:
    why wont white ink show very well? im not naturally dark, but im not really pale either…and right now im much more tan because its summer

Like I said, you see ink THROUGH the pigments in your skin. White is always going to have flesh tones in it unless you’re an albino. It’s just the way it is. Light yellows, browns, and pastel pinks have the same issue.

The darker you are, the worse the white looks. An african american, for example, can’t get white at all.

And even if you ARE pale enough to get white and have it look white, it still fades far faster than any other color. Why? Fucked if I know, it just does.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

NeedleAndTheSpoon
    Participant
    @needleandthespoon

oh i didnt know that…thanks for the explanation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.