Inky
    Participant
    @inky

Has anybody got any star tattoos or ideas or designs they can share ? 🙂

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

Hey check this page out, any of the pages or the image gallery should give you some good ideas.

http://tinyurl.com/qk3sov

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

here is another link as well 😉
    http://www.deviantart.com/#order=9&q=star+tattoo

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

hey why not go and get 56 stars tattooed on your face and then pretend you fell asleep and woke up with all them stars and didnt ask for them, and then a few days later admit that you did ask for them! …..

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    Izarrasink;42340 wrote:
    hey why not go and get 56 stars tattooed on your face and then pretend you fell asleep and woke up with all them stars and didnt ask for them, and then a few days later admit that you did ask for them! …..

…and then there’s that!:D

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

why do ya wanna go and put star in their eyes (Just Jack) …….no silly it was on her face.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Seriously, as a tattoo artist, I have done hundreds of stars, star outlines, colored stars nautical stars, shadowed stars, zebra striped filled stars, stars within stars, stars trailing stardust, stars surrounding flowers, and so on and so on. I always want to ask why. Why Stars? Why not circles, or squares, or other geometric shapes? Why stars? What is the signifigance?

I approach tattooing from the direction that it is an expression of yourself. It is art, and in art we express our darkest images, and our highest aspirations, but tattoos are for life, so they should mean something after all. What do the stars mean?

Maybe people just get them cause they look cool. If that is the case, then more power to you, but will it look cool in twenty years, or when someone asks you in twenty years, why you got stars will you just shrug and say “I dunno. Thought they were cool. I regret it now.”

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

i have half my arm and shoulder and a few down my chest in all different sized stars and colours, i have them because to me they represent fun and happiness, and also my daughters name translated means star and she’s the last of our babies.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Awesome! See…they MEAN something to her! For that reason I’d be glad to tattoo them, because there is meaning behind it. I don’t care much for the mindless tattooing because it looks cool. About half the people who come in my shop haven’t got the faintest idea what they want tattooed on them, they just want a tattoo, and they’ll look through the flash til they find something they like. I’m always cringing when they get to the stars cause I know it high on the list of cool stuff, that and the butterflies. I’m not knocking them, I just wish more people would put some thought into what they get. I’ve already covered up two of my own tattoos on clients because a year later it wasn’t cool anymore and they wanted something else.

aldridge09
    Participant
    @aldridge09

hey i actually just got a star with a rising sun coming out of it 4 days ago. ill post pics of it when its healed more. The rising sun is something im obsessed with and the star is jsut a symbol of our times and fun iguess.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1
    Izarrasink;42340 wrote:

So she admitted to it then?

aldridge09
    Participant
    @aldridge09

Ya she said her dad freaked so thats what she told him and then it jsut got blown waaay out of hand.

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

Are we all not made of STAR stuff, I mean th sun is a big sun and without its energy we are nothing. So maybe the reason we choose to have a STAR is becuase it represents us on very primal level.

Purplestar

p.s
    I have a star in the form of pentagram on a purple background )O(

sorrowlovesEmilie
    Participant
    @sorrowlovesemilie

I get where you are coming from as well ,I cringe when I hear 15 year olds say, I’d love a star tattoo, they’re so pretty, and it’s like tattoo’s aren’t accessories its a life time decision, even in ancient times tattoos were a simple of belonging and status as well as aesthetics, and i guess if your the type of person who generally doesnt regret things, go ahead and pic a tattoo at random. I remember seeing a girl with butterflies all across her lower back and going upwards and when i asked her did she like butterflies, her response was, meh, they’re alrite.
    plus tattoos used to be a symbol of individuality but if 30000 other ppl have the same tattoo as you coz u jus piked something on the internet that looked nice, it could give a poor reflection on your ability to be original and individual, if you are gonna do something ‘in’ like stars make sure you’ve put something of yourself in there, or at least have a good reason for them, cos this might not be everyones opinion but i would be rather dissapointed having gone throough the effort of picking out paying for and having a tatt, jus to get ppl coming upto me and saying, my friend/ girlfriend/ sister/ brother/mother has a tattoo just like that….not having a go..well maybe a litle..I’m jus saying.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.