ss2gpr1
    @

I just got my first tattoo about a month ago, and a few weeks ago had noticed that after it finished healing, there were a few spots where ink seemed to be missing, in the middle of the pink breast cancer ribbon I had gotten. I read online that it is normal after the healing process and that touch ups can be scheduled with the artist. So, I made an appointment with the artist who did my tattoo and he retouched it for free a few days ago. The problem is, I looked at my tattoo today and it still seems to be missing some ink in the same spot. I’m wondering why this happened and if I should go back to my original artist or if I should find someone to touch it up for me elsewhere? I’m getting upset because my sister has gotten a tattoo the same day by the same artist and her tattoo seems to be fine, the color looks great and it’s not missing any color in any spots. I’m wondering if I should wait until my tattoo fully heals again to see what happens? And what if the color is still missing? Thank you! sorry this was so long!

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

a photo would be good, and also wait till it fully heals.

jgensur
    Participant
    @jgensur

the color missing on the first time is somewhat normal during healing, but twice is a little more odd however it can still happen. If it is on any scar tissue then it may be more prone to that. Let it heal and see what happens. If it is still missing ink the artist should still touch it up, but this time he may go over it better to make sure its in there.

wak
    Participant
    @wak

It would help to know where you got the tattoo. Certain body areas take ink differently. Joints (knees, shoulders, elbows, wrists, etc.) are particularly bad for having ink ‘fall out’ after healing.

Also each persons skin reacts to pigment (tattoo ink) differently. You mentioned that the tattoo was pink. Different pigment colours are made up of various minerals and substances… and white and red are particularly hard on some skin. You own skin can react to the pigment particles and literally just ‘send them away”. This is related to fading… but not quite the same as it can happen within days/weeks.

There is a great article under Getting a Tattoo at Wicked Tattoo that explains this well and even covers various pigment types.

Hope this helps!

wak
    Participant
    @wak

Sorry… the article is here.

good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.