Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

Do tattoos need to mean anything. I love flowers and birds and butterflys, oh my. Can I just cover my body in those because I think they are pretty?

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Yeah. Duh.

I don’t believe in “meaningful” tattoos. Memorials, celebrations of events in your life, tattoos with stories behind ’em, whatever. The stories are always a cliché, an after the fact justification to provide meaning where none exists, or just not well thought through.

Tattoos exist because they do, one of the purest forms of art for art’s sake. You get tattoos because you like the design, because it’s aesthetic speaks to you. Not because of some made up story, not because it’s fashionable, and definetly not because it’s kanji.

If you look around at the albums, you’ll see 99% are just random crap, and that’s how it’s supposed to be.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

I just look at it as art, ive only got one that means something to me, the rest are just random things i liked.

Ross_W
    Participant
    @ross_w

Tattoos are an amazing artform. They dont need special meanings behind them to be awesome.

nikdeezy
    Participant
    @nikdeezy

i used to think that tattoos had to have a meaning to it, but now, i think that that’s getting played out. like said already, you can get a tattoo of whatever you want as long as you like it.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i only have one meaningfull tattoo, it was the first piece i ever did, and it meant i had climbed onboard the long bumpy journey on the crazy train of becoming a tattoo artist………..
    this railroad never runs out, and its an amaizing journey along the way !! 😀

rev_martin4
    Participant
    @rev_martin4

My tattoo doesn’t mean anything, but you already know that.

I can out her on anything you guys want. Oh and I think she phrased her question in a ditsy way on purpose. It was a genuine question, but she may have been trying to draw out some ire along with truthful responses. Keep an eye on her because she’s more than I can handle.

Welcome Rocky’s mom.

-Rev

PS Rocky is the coolest dog ever.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.