Fotty
    Participant
    @fotty

Okay, so i have never been a very religous person, however i do believe that there is “something else” watching over us, and i want a tattoo to symbolize that. I also believe that even if your not religous, praying will always help, whether literally helping or just mentally and emotionally making you feel better. I want to incorporate both of these into this tattoo. I thought of praying hands, but i want something more original than that. If anyone has any ideas! please let me know! thanks.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Fotty

Just get a sign that reads ‘Don’t force me to come down there! G-d.’ 😀

Seriously though there are hundreds of things of you could get to represent your feelings from scripture, to doves, crosses, crucifixes, trequetra’s, praying hands etc

The easiest way is to pick something that means something that gives you hope or the feeling that something is looking out for you.

My friend is a Christian minister and he has a tattoo of a shattered syringe with the H liquid turning into petals.

I asked him why and he said that he holds hope that every addiction can be broken through faith.

This is just an example it odesn’t matter what the symbold is as long as it matters to you.

If you are into relgious tattoos this is a good link;

http://www.religioustattoos.net/Other_Tattoos/index.php

Take Care
    Matthew

Fotty
    Participant
    @fotty

Hey Matthew,

Thanks a lot for the help, i guess what i’m just afraid of about getting a religious tattoo is portraying a fake symbol of faith. I am not saying that in a negative way, i just don’t want people to think that i am a very religious person, when i only believe that there is a higher power. But you’re right, it doesn’t matter what others think, as long as it means something to you. Thanks again
    Fotty

rev_martin4
    Participant
    @rev_martin4

This probably isn’t where you’re going with this, but when I think of exactly what you described, I think of a guardian angel looking over me. I think of it in cartoon form though. For instance, I once drove a convertible mustang down the freeway coming down a mountain where it had big sweeping turns. I was going over 100 mph and constantly heard a thumping sound when I went around corners to the left. I later found out that I only had 1 lug nut left in the front wheel and it should have probably broken off and flipped my car over at that speed and crushed me. In my head though I see a cartoon angel with his body wrapped around the wheel hugging it with his head going “thump thump thump” as it gets run over while the wheel turns and he has expression of annoyed disbelief on his face while he holds the wheel on the car.

Another time I rolled a car down the road and it didn’t have any seatbelts in it. I came out with nothing more than a split lip and a few bruises, but when I looked in the car later I noticed that I had managed to dent the roof outwards with my head, the driver door outwards and the steering wheel was bent forwards on the top half. I see the same cartoon angel with the same expression on his face hugging me and slamming around the car making those dents inside the car when I think of the cartoon of me wrecking.

Those are the pictures that come to my mind when I think of a greater power watching over me and taking care of me. It probably won’t help you with your tattoo, but maybe you enjoyed reading it and it will inspire you some other way.

Cheers,
    -Rev

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.