crystal_ds
    Participant
    @crystal_ds

hehehe i guess that is the question. i’m doing a memorial tat and can’t decide if i want to put my friends name and rip and the dates and all that stuff. i was thinking of a simple pretty text running along the tat with just his first name instead of all the banners and ribbons and stuff. idk, anyone have a memorial without all the other stuff? i want to remember him, not the dates, and i’m sure i’ll never be able to forget anyway…but having at least a first name, even small seems like it makes it more dedicated? what do you think?

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

banners and ribbons aside, what are you having done? A Rose…cross.. something that symbolises him. Having his name will get people asking “who is…….? and you can tell the story of this person and part in your life. I pesonnally would not include the dates, people may not enquire so much as to this person (if they don’t know him of course).

I have always thought about getting one for my Dad, he was Irish, so maybe a small harp, or prehaps a whiskey label (Jameson), he liked his tipple, or even the ourline of his home county…… all things related to him.

Purplestar

crystal_ds
    Participant
    @crystal_ds

oh sorry, its not complete yet but its a combo of a yamaha symbol, 4 leaf clover, ace of spades, and dice. outlaw actually drew me up a quick sketch on my introduction that will be a bit different in the end but its a great starter! here’s the link…hope it works http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp280/crystal_ds/?action=view&current=yamahatat1.jpg

btw i like all the ideas on the one for your dad…

apostle228
    @

i’d say ya, go with a name, but no dates. just the image, and the name

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

just go with his first name, or you could remove the yamaha label and place the word “memories” in there instaed, its not a blatent in memory of but it does show you have plenty of memories 😉

send me a private message with his name.. I have another idea

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

just another quick idea to build from…

crystal_ds
    Participant
    @crystal_ds

oh damn that one works well too! guess i have to choose now lol, i can’t wait to get this done and post pictures! how long do you guys think either will take?

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

im glad u like it..

time wise all depends on how large you go and also how much you change them…
    t do them as they are and about 4 or 5 inches in size i would estmate 1hr but 2 hours max dependandt on the artist and how much detail they put into it….. oh yeah, also how well you sit for it lol… :p

crystal_ds
    Participant
    @crystal_ds

haha i’m a little worried about sitting for this one, on my ribs. i’ve read some pretty bad stuff. i’m hoping its exaggerated. i think it will be worth the pain though. and its not like it should be 5 hour sitting, i’m happy about that! my other one is between my shoulder blades and on the spine, where everyone said it would hurt, felt great and almost put me to sleep. it was the outside, closer to the blades where they kept hitting nerves lol.

Melodia45
    Participant
    @melodia45

I’d say to go with whatever you see fit. A memorial tattoo shouldn’t have to be all fancy and have the whole shebang with flowers or ribbons or anything.
    I just got one today and all it is are my sister’s initials (I just uploaded the pictures into an album). Rather than including the dates, I just wanted something simple and small because of the location and also because it was my first tattoo and I wouldn’t have been able to sit for something very intricate.

If anything, you could always go for a color that fit with your friend rather than something solid black :]

When it comes down to it, the best thing to keep in mind is to get what feels right to you about what represents your friend and maybe the mark they had on your life.

apostle228
    @
    crystal_ds;39851 wrote:
    haha i’m a little worried about sitting for this one, on my ribs. i’ve read some pretty bad stuff. i’m hoping its exaggerated. i think it will be worth the pain though. and its not like it should be 5 hour sitting, i’m happy about that! my other one is between my shoulder blades and on the spine, where everyone said it would hurt, felt great and almost put me to sleep. it was the outside, closer to the blades where they kept hitting nerves lol.

haha dont worry about pain man. its not nearly as bad as everyone makes it sound :p

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.