apostle228
    @

does anyone here have any pieces done in blacklight ink? i was considering getting some stuff done in blacklight ink…. i was also wondering, does it show up when your not under a blacklight? or only when your under one?

if it only shows up under a blacklight, i’d love to get some stuff on my neck/hands 🙂 (because of my career, i cant have tattoos visible at work)

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

I’ve had a hard time finding pictures of them fully healed and in normal light but from what I’ve seen it looks like it does leave a mark on the skin. So in normal light it may look like a branding or some type of scar (since the ink isn’t visible).

I’ll keep looking around to see if I can find any images of one fully healed in normal light though.

apostle228
    @

ya, all the pics ive been able to find are pieces just finished too, none fully healed. if anyone has any pics, please post em up =]

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal7210_Healed_UV_tattoos.asp

This is probably the most healed imags I was able to find. It looks like there will be a mark but from what I’ve seen the mark/scar will only be as bad(or good) as your tattoo artist and if you pick at it. So with an experienced artist and good healing you will have little to no scar(slightly noticable). If the tattoo artist isn’t used to the ink or it doesn’t heal well you might end up with a design/scar people might notice.

apostle228
    @

hmmmm well, im gonna have to go to a few shops and ask around 🙂 see what the artists have to say and whatnot. by those pics, it looks like after a year or so theres no mark left

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Apostle

BME is the best site to check out blacklight tattoos.

I have seen several healed ones and they can leave a brown mark or a scar outline.

That said they can also go lumpy from what I can see and there is some suggestion that the ink can dislodge and float away into the blood stream. (depending on the ink type)

The main issue is whether you can get a safe source ink or not.

There are mainly 2 types on the market.

BMX 1000 contains (PMMA) Polymethylmethacrylate 97.5% and microspheres of fluorescent dye 2.5% suspended in UV sterilized, distilled water – this is the stuff they have been using to mark fish and animals for around years. It has been used on humans for the last 10 years – they state it is non-carceogenic but to me it is still early days.

The other is everglow and regardless of how some ppl will try and market this – it is not meant for tattooing it is roughly 95% phosphorous and highly damaging to human tissue. It can also be carceogenic.It does not stop ppl from trying to use it though.

Hope this helps.

Take Care
    Matthew

apostle228
    @

tanks for the info matt! i’ll be trying to do as much research as i can before i decide weather or not to get one

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.