tattoofoo
    Participant
    @tattoofoo

Did you hear about the British Airways tattoo discrimination? Check out the story: http://tattoofoo.blogspot.com/ 😡

apostle228
    @

holy crap! that kind of stuff pisses me off 😡 why do people have to be so frickin lame????? im sorry, but if a flight attendant made me miss my plane because of my tattoos…. well, i’ll leave what i’d say/do up to your imaginations 😮

seriously tho… why???

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

He’s from Good Charlotte, I wouldn’t want him on my flight either…

Nah but seriously, that’s ridiculous.

xander
    Participant
    @xander

i hate it when people are judged on how thay look but i guess we all do it but most dont force there opinion

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

At worst I’ve been asked to leave a restaraunt because of my tattoos. Discrimination is a terrible thing wether that be skin colour, life style choice etc. It shouldn’t happen in this modern era.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    He’s from Good Charlotte, I wouldn’t want him on my flight either…

BUAHHAHAHA

Seriously though I won’t be traveling on BA anytime soon

When I lived in Britain and traveled to the US I would fly by Virgin Atlantic and BA were always messing Virgin about

From memory Branson sued and won against them

B*stards!

slayer197666
    Participant
    @slayer197666

That’s totally ridiculous!

darren10_3
    Participant
    @darren10_3

i went out clubbing at the weekend and was refused entry to a club because my tattoo but the doormen was covered in trible work that out they said its there policy no body is aloud in with tattoo sleves

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Personally i’ve never been discriminated against for having tattoos, but mine can easily be hidden. In Australia though, people are a lot more relaxed about tattoos by the sounds of some other stories i’ve heard.

Dark Pony
    Participant
    @dark-pony

I’ve never been discriminated against…HOWEVER…in my job (I catch shoplifters) I have been told that I would be watched simply because I have tattoos…not because of my behavior..LOL

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

not not heard about that , gosh thats so old fashioned !!

personally i have never had any negitive comments about my ink .. well apart from my grandma but she is old school LOL you know the type .
    I think here in notts everyone has a tattoo now 😀

Marcus M6
    Participant
    @marcus-m6

Im surprised the world is still like this. But yet again one day i was in walmart i was walking down the blu-ray isle half sleeves showing and some old lady made this face:eek: and turned around and sped walked far far away from me LOL.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

You’re all shocked and appalled by this? Really?

You’re honestly surprised when the old woman in the grocery thinks you’re a hood and speeds away, that Loss Prevention would single you out because of your ink, that that sweet young thing you’re sharing an elevator with is a little nervous of you and your visible ink?

I understand being angry, but the surprised outrage astonishes me. Tattoos are not socially acceptable. Period. It’s a large part of their mystic, part of what attracts us to them. It’s a statement that you’re part of the club, a subtle sign that you’re in an in-group most people are not, that you are one of us, not one of them, and that really, really, really, really pisses some of them off.

This isn’t even really that bad of a discrimination. It’s unusual, yes, but I think not getting or losing a job over your ink is alot worse than not getting on a plane.

Don’t like it? Don’t get inked. It’s the price we pay, besides the price in blood, to be in the club.

Though I will say, had the tattooed person not have been a member of a crappy, but famous, band, we’d never have heard of it and that airline employee would never has been punished.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

I would sue them if i missed my flight because of that. that is just wrong.

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri
    Marcus M6;40197 wrote:
    Im surprised the world is still like this. But yet again one day i was in walmart i was walking down the blu-ray isle half sleeves showing and some old lady made this face:eek: and turned around and sped walked far far away from me LOL.

That made me giggle.

I agree with Nighthawk.

However, I do think that in the years to come the US, at least, is going to have a bit of change when it comes to their perceptions of tattoos. More and more people these days are getting tattoos, in a recent study (I was watching Oprah or some similiar talk show) they were discussing how it is becoming the norm to have at least one tattoo. They made everyone in the audience who had a tattoo raise their hands, and lemme tell ya, they certainly did outnumber the remainder. We just have to wait and bide our time until they do become socially acceptable, and in large part its already underway. When all the old birds croak this newer generation is going to be much more lenient in what they view as unacceptable.

There is currently a big stink in my company about their policies on tattoos. It was removed from our handbook this year that they had to be covered up, so we who share the ink have started displaying our artwork with pride, just to have those select few, who just so happen to be a wee higher up, make us cover them up. What really gets me is they have no right to do this. Our policy has changed, they however, have not. So that’s the whole deal I’m going through at work. Very, very lame.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.