Mitzu
    Participant
    @mitzu

Hey everybody,
    I finally found the time to scan the drawing I have of my design for my tattoo. I was hoping to get your opinions and perhaps ideas for improving or expanding the design. I’ve uploaded it to my profile in an album, since I don’t quite know how to add it to this post. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I know the picture is a bit crooked, but my drawing skills aren’t the best. :p
    To explain it, it’s two hearts, a big one and a smaller one, that have been separated, symbolising me and my father, as he died from cancer app. 7 years ago. The triskele represents the three stages of a female’s life, maiden, mother and crone, and since I only experienced the first stage with my father in my life, one of the tips of the triskele is inside the big heart, so to say, as I have to live on without him and do the best I can.
    I hope this makes sense. Def. looking forward to your comments, don’t hesitate, no matter if it’s positive or negative. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Take Care
    Mitzu

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Mitzu

I just wanted to say I like the design and think it would go well.

If you don’t mind me saying I always found the treskelle concept a bit depressing – just because you get old don’t make you a crone. ๐Ÿ˜‰

My suggestion would be about how you intend to join the 2 hearts.

Is one going to meld into the other?
    Is it going to be boldy separated by colour?

Have you considered adding a symbol that you will be renuited in spirit after you die (my own personal belief) but maybe add some wings, or a rainbow or clouds above, through, or surrounding the hearts.

Great idea and best of luck in getting it completed.

Take Care
    Matthew

Mitzu
    Participant
    @mitzu

Hey Matthew,

Thank you, I very much appreciate your opinion. And you’re right about the crone part. :p

I hadn’t really thought about that, making one of the hearts a different colour, good idea, I’ll definitely think about it. ๐Ÿ˜€

That’s my belief too, so maybe that would be a good idea. I like the clouds thing best though, also to help create a bit of background. Wings are used so much though, and I guess it seems too christian for me, I haven’t really settled on a religion yet. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But thanks so much for the help, always nice. ๐Ÿ˜€

Take Care
    Mitzu

zman7590
    Participant
    @zman7590

i wud make it different… it looks good but looks like a beginnr tat….i wud make the hearts colored brightly n realistic n the design the same! bring that to a tat shop n they will redraw it for ya ๐Ÿ™‚ vry nice meaning !!!

Mitzu
    Participant
    @mitzu

Hey zman,

Making it look more realistic is something I’ve (also) been thinking about. But yes, I’ll ask the tattoo artist that I end up choosing to “play” with it a bit. :p I just really wanted to have some ideas to talk about with him/her as well, therefore this thread. ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for the input.

Take Care
    Mitzu

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.