Marcus M6
    Participant
    @marcus-m6

Hi Everyone

I’ve got a pretty simple question that i have always wondered about i currently just got my half sleeve finished and can’t wait to go and get more. Do i have to wait for my half sleeve to heal before i can get a new one?

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

As long as you’re not working over the same area I don’t think there’s a problem. I’ve heard some say that excessive tattooing over a period can run your body down. But I don’t think there’d be a real issue having two close together. I had two tattoos a few days apart from one another once, and went through a phase of having one a fortnight, although none were as large as a half sleeve. But I reckon it’ll be fine.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

If on a separarte part of the body you should be fine. You do not want to overwork the skin area.

If you were having a series of extensive pieces done on each tattoo I would advise waiting 2 weeks to give immune system to recover – tattoos are wounds.

That said if it is a small to moderate piece you will be fine.

Take Care
    Matthew

Marcus M6
    Participant
    @marcus-m6

thx for all the info guys, but i have 1 more question. My half sleeve i got done was my left lower half and now im looking to do my hand next week, considering that is right below the healing area is that going to be a problem ( at that point my half sleeve would have had a week of healing )

thx in advance

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

It should not be much of a problem unless you are working over the older area to join the seam between wrist and hand.

If you have had work done on the wrist and then need to work it again for the hand I would leave a small gap and get it filled in a week or so later.

That way you are not overworking the skin.

If you are working on fresh skin from the start there shouldn’t be any problems.

Take Care
    Matthew

Marcus M6
    Participant
    @marcus-m6

thanks again, I might as well wait then because i will be connecting hand to wrist

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.