BigCheese1986
    @

First of all hello to everyone I have been browsing the site for a while but this is my first post.

Been thinking about getting a tattoo for a long time and want to get a japanese half sleeve shoulder to elbow on my right arm. I want the background to be traditional black/grey water, clouds, smoke etc possibly with some cherry blossoms but I am stuck as to what to have as the focal point. I like the idea of having a samurai or even just the mask and possibly getting a snake in it to have something to wrap round my arm.

I am not the most imaginative or creative so have difficulty putting my thoughts and ideas into words or onto paper so looking for any ideas that people might have to give me some inspiration.

Thanks in advance.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

oh they is so many options ๐Ÿ˜Ž

and i think all age really well because of the classic design .
    have you any tattoo’s or will this be your 1st ?

i think if you pick 3 main things you want in your tattoo and then talk to your artist he/she will come up with something that fits your arm.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint
    Butterfly_Kisses;38106 wrote:
    oh they is so many options ๐Ÿ˜Ž

and i think all age really well because of the classic design .
    have you any tattoo’s or will this be your 1st ?

i think if you pick 3 main things you want in your tattoo and then talk to your artist he/she will come up with something that fits your arm.

BK is on the money go and speak to your artist. They’ll be able to designing something to fit you and your body and be able to put onto paper what you envision in your head.

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

Talking to your artist is the best thing you could do if you don’t have the image on paper they can help. I mostly designed my first tattoo so getting it done was easy but my second tattoo I have can not find a design of what I want. So my artist is currently doing a few designs based on some images and explanations when we talked and I’m going back in a couple weeks to review them modify them and set a date to start working on it.

Find a good artist, especially one who enjoys the creative process, and they can help you a ton.

DragonLord
    Participant
    @dragonlord

Hi i am getting a tattoo in a months time from this post and i have 2 problems Problem 1:whats it feel like when you get it problem 2:i can’t decide which one i should get i have put them in my Album so please have a look at that and let me know by sending me a mesage

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

What does it feel like? As in terms of what pain? feeling on the skin? Its different for every person, each person has a different threshold of pain some feel nothing others feel every lil line. It also depends where on the body you get it, The arms and legs are usually very bearable with pain where as somewhere like the ribs or the spine are gona hurt like hell.

DragonLord
    Participant
    @dragonlord

i have a low threshold for pain and i am going to get it from the top of my shoulder to my elbow..when i asked whats it feel like i mean in general pain,feeling things like that…i’m not a solid person but i do workout alot

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

Ahh yea back of the arm is a bit of a sore spot its like baby skin down there lol General pain its like a burning and scratching sensation if its an hour or so its very bearable its when you start doing 3 4 hour sessions it stops becoming funny.

DragonLord
    Participant
    @dragonlord

i’m gettin it down the top side of my arm so people and i can see it..if u haven’t have a look at my alburm and let me know which you think looks better..me personaly i think its the one with colour…over the years i’v delet with alot of bad pain so i should be able to handle it and what dose it feel like to get colour and how long do you think it’ll take with mine in my album

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

The outline generally hurts more than the colour, so once you have the outline done you’ll be on the home stretch. My personal opinion I prefer the black n grey one more solid and defiant.

DragonLord
    Participant
    @dragonlord

thankyou very much for letting me know about this…should i get it on both my arms or not? and about how long will it take roughly,my greatest pain that i can remember is me breaking a glass with my tooth..i’m an epileptic so thats why i didn’t feel it happen thank god ๐Ÿ™‚ and do you have any tips to take my mind off the pain when i get it other then talk to the person who is doing it? i just love dragons and ironicly my japenese zodiac is the dragon ๐Ÿ™‚

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

The more you relax the easier it will be. Eat a good meal before u go dont be hungover etc. Most artists are very talkactive so that will keep your mind off it or take your ipod etc and just plug in and drift away.

DragonLord
    Participant
    @dragonlord

roughly how long would it take and do you think i should get it on both arms or just 1

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.