Russ-T
    Participant
    @russ-t

Okay so i’ve read everything from artists wanting a dry healing approach to people having it moist so it never scabs(huge amounts).

Well mine has started scabbing, not much just thin like paper. Now some places state to not touch it or the scabs fall off.

My question is should i stll wash it with soap and then pat it dry and wait till it dries again then put the lotion on? I am on my 6th day of having it so i’m a bit in the air. I just want to know if i should not wash it anymore and just let it heal, or if i should clean it still 2-3 times a day and risk when i was it to remove the flakes that leave when i gently wash it??????????????????

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

well it sounds to me like your onto stage 2 of healing and the none scented lotion can start going on in small amounts if its started pealing

vala
    Participant
    @vala

throughout the healing process I always wash my tattoo with a moisturising bath cream, pat dry and then apply Bepanthen (I only apply the Bepanthen for 7-10 days). after the 10 days I continue to wash with the bath cream but then apply a non scented moisturiser.

examples of what i use are sanex moisturising bath cream, vaseline intensive moisturiser and Bepanthen.

LAP13
    Participant
    @lap13

I’m no expert (I only have the one) and I’m sure there are loads of people on here who can offer much more help, however;

I was told to leave covered (with cling) for at least 4 hours, I then washed gently with scent free etc and covered again with cling overnight. Next day wash again and applied ‘Bach’s Rescue Cream’ 3 times a day – re-covering every time.

Left uncovered but washed as normal every day and applied that lotion and I had slight peeling after about 5 days, that was it, no scabbing, no itching!

Not sure if that helps.
    Highly recommend the Bach’s stuff though – is all natural, plant based.

rev_martin4
    Participant
    @rev_martin4

Here’s a write-up my tattoo artist keeps on their website for aftercare.

http://www.billlibertytattoo.com/healing.html

-Rev

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.