kerdi
    Participant
    @kerdi

ok, well my boyfriend is getting a tattoo tomorro and i hate it. i havnt even seen a picture but i hate the idea. he wants to get dice. with the showing numbers being 42… somthing to do with some movie and apparently 42 is the meaning of life. an no offence to the dice tattoo but its just not my kinda of thing. and he wants to get it in a really shit spot. i know its his choice to get whatever he wants and where ever but i hate the idea. i have kinda mentioned i dont like the idea but havnt said too much and i dont know if i should. help?

nicky_too
    Participant
    @nicky_too

LOL
    That must have been The hitchiker’s guide to the galaxy. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Brilliant.

What kind of help do you expect? I guess you understand it’s not your body so you can’t really do much about it. However, if it bothers you that much, you should tell him. Hiding how you feel will definitely not help.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

be honnest with him, tell him how you feel, and if he still wants it then ask if he will relocate it…. i know its his body but he should take on board your feelings….

we all have feelings, hell i must be the only tattooist without any skulls on them, but its only because my mrs hates them ๐Ÿ˜‰

snerkler
    Participant
    @snerkler

I guess it all depends on your relationship. If you’re in a commited relationship I personally think you should definately voice your concerns. I have recently been enquiring about a new tattoo, but when I ran it by my fiancรฉe she said she wasn’t too keen on the idea so I’ve scrapped it. She never asked me not to get it but I respect her opinion and so am not going through with it.

tattman91
    Participant
    @tattman91

my missus isnt keen on my japanese tiger half sleeve… but im still getting it… dont you worry…. love him for who he is not for what he has or doesnt have… relationships usually dont last forever.. ink does….

talk to him and let him know what you feel but other than that… stiff shit….

my two cents….

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    Outlaw;37152 wrote:
    be honnest with him, tell him how you feel, and if he still wants it then ask if he will relocate it…. i know its his body but he should take on board your feelings….

we all have feelings, hell i must be the only tattooist without any skulls on them, but its only because my mrs hates them ๐Ÿ˜‰

I dont have skulls outlaw, and i hate the bloody things lol!

Any how back to the subject in question, if you feel that strongly i would also ask him to consider the placement, i tattoo myself wherever i want as i know my husband dosnt mind and he’s covered as well, but in saying that if i tattooed something across my neck or forehead lmao i’m sure he’d have something to say about it, and another point he’s shown me tattoos that he wants and ive said nup lol and suggested something else.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Ya know, I find it weird that a tattoo artist with the handle “Outlaw” would advise getting all Dr. Phil on the boy. Izzy, not so much, but come’on, Outlaw, I vote we rename your account “Responsible-Reasonable-Adult”.

As to the issue at hand…

I disagree with the crowd here. I really feel like you need to just shut up. Hell, if you post is any indication of your overall relationship, you may want to just break up with him. I mean, you couldn’t even be bothered to find out why he wants to do this, what the design is, or even really name what his interest is.

On the 24th of this month, I’ll have been with my wife for five years, and let me tell you something: I don’t give a shit about Harry Potter. Seriously. Not one shit. Not even a wet fart.

Yet I can give you the life freaking story of fifth string characters like Walden Macnair and Rabastan Lestrange. Walden’s half troll and it’s common in fannon for him to have a cock that’s a minimum of 14 inches long and has a massive prince albert by the way. It’s about the same size around as a coke can. Also, he’s gay, but in denial about it, so he rapes other men he believes to be gay so as to punish them for being gay.

I can go on, and point to textual evidence.

I know this because my wife is the Harry Potter version of the Trekkie. She talks about it endlessly. I mean, hours every day…and because I care about her, I listen and store facts so I can talk intelligently about *sigh* Harry Fucking Potter.

I make the effort to know this shit because that’s what you do. You meet your partner halfway, and try to understand what their passion is, even if it’s something you simply don’t get.

And when she got her first Harry Potter tattoo, I wasn’t excited. It wasn’t an original design. It was the doodle JKR did for her books as the tattoo all the DeathEaters got. It looks like the idea of a tattoo someone who’s never known anyone with a tattoo has.

But she was passionate about it, so I shut the fuck up and helped her get it.

And compared to her other ink, it *STILL* looks like eight kinds of shit. But she still loves her Dark Mark, which is what matters, so I don’t say nothing ugly about it.

Because, again, that’s what you’re supposed to do for someone you claim to love.

What you’re not supposed to do is make no effort, write it off as stupid, and be an utter bitch about it.

*looks pointedly at Kerdi*

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw
    KnightHawk;37175 wrote:
    Ya know, I find it weird that a tattoo artist with the handle “Outlaw” would advise getting all Dr. Phil on the boy. Izzy, not so much, but come’on, Outlaw, I vote we rename your account “Responsible-Reasonable-Adult”.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

im only human……

that was a very indepth description about walden you made, but can i just say that having 14 inches and a prince albert didnt make me gay ๐Ÿ˜€

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Wow. That is like…more information than I ever wanted about your cock.

I demand my innocence back good sir.

Good day!

I said, good. Day!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha :p

that has got to be the shortest message yo have ever posted NH

๐Ÿ˜€

snerkler
    Participant
    @snerkler
    KnightHawk;37175 wrote:

As to the issue at hand…

I disagree with the crowd here. I really feel like you need to just shut up. Hell, if you post is any indication of your overall relationship, you may want to just break up with him. I mean, you couldn’t even be bothered to find out why he wants to do this, what the design is, or even really name what his interest is.

On the 24th of this month, I’ll have been with my wife for five years, and let me tell you something: I don’t give a shit about Harry Potter. Seriously. Not one shit. Not even a wet fart.

Yet I can give you the life freaking story of fifth string characters like Walden Macnair and Rabastan Lestrange. Walden’s half troll and it’s common in fannon for him to have a cock that’s a minimum of 14 inches long and has a massive prince albert by the way. It’s about the same size around as a coke can. Also, he’s gay, but in denial about it, so he rapes other men he believes to be gay so as to punish them for being gay.

I can go on, and point to textual evidence.

I know this because my wife is the Harry Potter version of the Trekkie. She talks about it endlessly. I mean, hours every day…and because I care about her, I listen and store facts so I can talk intelligently about *sigh* Harry Fucking Potter.

I make the effort to know this shit because that’s what you do. You meet your partner halfway, and try to understand what their passion is, even if it’s something you simply don’t get.

And when she got her first Harry Potter tattoo, I wasn’t excited. It wasn’t an original design. It was the doodle JKR did for her books as the tattoo all the DeathEaters got. It looks like the idea of a tattoo someone who’s never known anyone with a tattoo has.

But she was passionate about it, so I shut the fuck up and helped her get it.

And compared to her other ink, it *STILL* looks like eight kinds of shit. But she still loves her Dark Mark, which is what matters, so I don’t say nothing ugly about it.

Because, again, that’s what you’re supposed to do for someone you claim to love.

What you’re not supposed to do is make no effort, write it off as stupid, and be an utter bitch about it.

*looks pointedly at Kerdi*

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Do you feel better now ๐Ÿ˜‰

rev_martin4
    Participant
    @rev_martin4
    Outlaw;37196 wrote:
    Bwahahahahahahahahahaha :p

that has got to be the shortest message yo have ever posted NH

๐Ÿ˜€

Did you refer to him as NH instead of KH as a subtle jab? ๐Ÿ˜‰

-Rev

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.