Viking445
    Participant
    @viking445

Well when i come back on the night of April the 25th i’ll be able to tell you what it feels like to me. Plus show you the work.

I just hope i can get it all done in one night. Its a two hour drive to the Artist!

antmeister
    Participant
    @antmeister

my tat was pure torchure but i have a low pain barrier obviously, but before i thought i could hack it. it felt like someone cutting me with a boiling hot razor blade then chucking salt in my wound. im strange coz i didnt mind the outline it was more the colouring in that hurt for me. as for the people who say it goes numb, never happened for me once. BUT i did for some strange reason start to laugh towards the end and i still dont kno why i done it. my tattoo artist told me he went 2mm into the skin and he wasnt very chatty which kinda made it worse. i think if he spoke it would of taken my mind off the tatt and the pain. next time im taking mates with me.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

once you have had the piedce done the artist will cover it with either a cling film, tissue or some for of dressing, once you get home and was the tattoo of as instructed then you wont cover it again until healed, it needs air to heal.

the thing you need to remember is that your hands need to be super clean before touching it until it has healed.

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

My first one 24 years ago hurt like hell and my palms were real sweaty and took about half an hour. My most recent (11th) was 3 hours, outline burnt like hell but thankully we plugged my Ipod into the sound system..listenin got my own tunes really gave my mind to focus on.

When you under the needle, you just have to remind yoursel that “this time tomorrow, it will be all over” bar the itching (2 weeks later).

Purplestar

apostle228
    @

every tattoo ive got i always get suuuuuper nervous before haha. then once it starts, it dosnt hurt that bad at all then i relax. just feels like if u took your nail and dug it into your skin a bit. not too painful at all. the only places where it ever HURT for me was directly over bones. that seems to hurt more than the rest.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

I always compare it to a mild sunburn.

Viking445
    Participant
    @viking445

Ok yall only two days until I get my ink!! I can’t say that i’m nervous. But I bet i will be when i lay on the table. lol

cheizy
    Participant
    @cheizy

Feels like the tip of a nail scratching at your skin over and over. Well thats how it felt to me. Good lucK!

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I’m never nervous until I get into the shop, and that hospital clean smell hits me. As soon as the artist starts though, it’s all good.

SallyMac
    Participant
    @sallymac

I’ve only had one tattoo done recently,but I honestly can say that waxing your legs hurts waaayyy more!!
    (and I’ve had 2 babies naturally no drugs,and would say that a tattoo dosen’t feel that “intense” either)
    So….probably no help as I’ve just realised the original poster is a guy!!
    you’ll be fine,just breathe nice and calmly and you’ll be amazed at how relaxed you remain.
    Make sure you post a pic for us to see after;)

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

in the past 2 weeks ive tattooed 7 people whom have never been tattooed before, they’re all coming back for more so it cant be that bad, i got to tattoo my mum today as she’s moving to australia on Tuesday for good, and i NEVER thought id get her under the needle, she wreckond it felt like a hot cat scratch.

Viking445
    Participant
    @viking445

Ok i got done with my session at 9pm last night. Total of Five hours. The pain Ranged from a cat scratch like people said to someone cutting me with a knife. The last hour was the worst b/c he went back over areas that had already been done to touch up the details.

It on my left peck. Phil said thats one of the most painful places b/c the nipple/sternum/clavicle are all right there.

I put a post up in the Inked skin section but this is what it looks like right after we finished.
    l_848e2e14483b406ea99a042ced67ecb1.jpg

The redness on the edges is all ink by the way. :rolleyes:

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Awesome!:D

cheizy
    Participant
    @cheizy

looks good buddy! welcome offically now..haha

now comes the healing process, which personally I hate more than actually getting inked. Prepare for the itching! Looks good btw

vala
    Participant
    @vala

i love and hate being inked! its definately addictive but i just grin and bear it always thinking of the end result!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.