lauraetco
    Participant
    @lauraetco

Hello, I just got a tattoo covered-up. It was a blue and black butterfly.

Before my appointment, I gave that tattoo artist a picture of what I wanted the new tattoo to look like. I made sure to leave the black parts, black. I wanted the blue parts to be a berry pink.

When I arrived for the appointment, she had changed the design. I loved it but she had planned to put white and light pink over what was previously black and blue. I said that I would love light pink mixed with the pink berry colour if it was possible. If not, I said, just keep it blue. She assured me it was possible because my old one was so faded. I told her to please stay away from bright fluorescent colours.

Well first…I’m definately going to need to get it touched up (I won’t go into detail). I want a white part and a fluorescent pink part covered in black. This is possible, right? How long do I have to wait to get it redone?

Second, I hate the colours! She was clearly wrong about being able to put light colours over dark colours. The pink she put in is flourescent and the light pink/whie mixed with the old colours to make an ugly purple/gray.

What can I do about this problem???!!! Can I get a darker colour put on in the future? How will the skin react to getting tattooed a third time?

Please help me.

Thanks,
    Laura

Chance666
    Participant
    @chance666

Do you have any photos?

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

give us a pic and we may be more helpful

snerkler
    Participant
    @snerkler

Like already said a picture will be helpful. When did you get it done? The pink might not look so fluorescent once it’s healed.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

As said a pic is realy needed but as a rule of thumb it si every difficult to put a lighter colour over a darker one unless it has been dissolved by a laser treatment.

Black is notoriously difficult (as is green) to cover up.

That said it is not impossible.

Depending on what you want you could always convert the tattoo into a black/shade piece and add a hint of colour along the outwing edges or have a colour shade so that it looks like it is flying through coloured clouds or blossoms etc.

Post up and I am sure that we can advise you much better.

Take Care
    Matthew

lauraetco
    Participant
    @lauraetco

I’ll post a pic as soon as I can.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

any sign of that pic ?

lauraetco
    Participant
    @lauraetco

Bahhh…sorry. I’ll get on it tomorrow. Been a little preoccupied with a break-up and some other crappy stuff that just happened in my life. I do want your opinions:)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.