Jrage
    Participant
    @jrage

it really all depends on the work youre having done. obviously, the larger, more detailed, and colored the piece is, the longer it will take. personally my tattoo only took a 1 hour session, with a 10 minute cig break with my artist between outline and shading steps. when i paid for it and walked out of the parlor, i felt same as always, but with a sore as hell arm.
    my bro on the other hand had a backpiece done that took 3 different 4 hour sessions, was completely drained all week, but other than soreness and lack of sleep (from not being able to lay on his back at night), he was fine.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

longest i have ever sat for is just 2 hours 30 then i start to bleed out .
    got thin blood :confused:

my bf sat for 4 hours and the artist finished his piece because he could sit well

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

If im doing say a 3 to 4 hour session, we have a couple of short breaks mainly to stretch the back and the legs and move around a bit, when im changing my machines over i encourage the client to have a little walk around or a stretch.

antmeister
    Participant
    @antmeister

my tat on my back took 40-60 mins. To be honest which im not ashamed to say is it was pure torchure so 2 hrs would deff kill me. i thought i cud hack pain, i think my body is diff to other ppl because they say colouring in was less painfull than the outline where as i thought the outline was the best bit. the colouring in part i hated. i had my tat between my shoulder blades and going over the spine almost made me ill. BUT i still booked another tattoo which will take 2 hrs so i decided im going to split it into 4 sessions and pay 50 each session to make up the 200 quoted.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Antmeister

Don’t worry everybody is different when faced with different types of pain.

For example I snapped my arm so the bone was poking through and it hurt like hell but didn’t blink or shed a tear.

I got my leg tattoo done and I was crying like a baby. We all handle things differently and sometimes what is a small thing to one is pure agony for another. Then i sat for just over 6 hrs on my wife portrait and found it painful but not unbearable.

You are doing the right thing and breaking sessions down – tattooing (for most) is not about masochism but the finished product.

Take care
    Matthew

antmeister
    Participant
    @antmeister

i broke my ankle a year ago and it hurt but was a dull pain and i only found out it was broken when it had healed and i re broke it and had it x-ray, that didnt hurt but this tattoo felt like an open wound and someone prodding inside it with a hot needle. ill admitt while i had it done i said to the tattooist PPL GET OFF ON THIS SHIT OMG. he just laughed and said diff parts of the body hurt more or less. but now ive had it i WILL get another, its just finding a way to take your mind from the pain for 30-45 mins each session and i will do it. I want ppl to see my art on my back and go WOW. thats my mission lol 😎

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

The pain doesn’t bother me much. I kinda like it actually. Now to be fair I don’t have any tats yet on my elbows or ribs or other parts where the pain is supposed to be real bad.

I like taking breaks b/c I get bored sitting in the same place for a long time with nothing to do. My snake tattoo was one 6 hour session with probably a break about every hour and a half or so. He started outlining at the top of my arm going down, then did the shading from the bottom up. It was a little raw when he got back to the top.

raider99
    Participant
    @raider99

it just depends on tha artist and customer. ivw had big dudes cry after 2 hours and gurls go for 5 hours wantinn to continue

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.