Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Ok I need some ideas for a new tattoo.

Background info:

I plan to eventually have full sleeves. My idea when I started getting tatt’ed was to have one arm done in fantasy and one done in “reality.”

So far on my fantasy arm I have a dragon on my upper arm and a wizard on my inner forearm.

On my reality arm so far I only have a rattlesnake.

Obviously the fantasy is more fun and easier to come up with cool ideas.

SOO with all that being said I need an idea for a tat to get on my “reality” forearm to go across from my wizard. I am wanting full color and fairly large, big enough to take up pretty much my entire inner forearm.

Or I am thinking about scrapping the whole fantasy vs reality thing and just getting both arms done in fantasy.

Sorry for the long first post.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

i would suggest thinking about it for a little longer, you have already shown that your not sure what you want….. i cant see people spending their time coming up with suggestions if you still dont know what theme or style you want.

im not bagging on you , but i think you need to make your mind up … “fantasy vs reality or both arms in fantasy”.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Well I would like to stick with the fantasy vs. reality, but if I can’t come up with enough cool stuff to finish my sleeve, I will drop the idea and just go with whatever.

I don’t expect people to spend all day trying to think of something for me, just any ideas anyone might have. 😮

I want full color. Not real big into the oriental style.

The only thing I have been able to come up with so far is maybe a viking, but I am saving that for a large piece on my ribs with a ship and everything.:D

Edit to add:

I added pics in my album of the three tats on my arms to give an example of what styles I like.

ckthegame
    Participant
    @ckthegame

here’s a cool fantasy sleeve by david bollt for your reference… Dragon_Sleeve_by_gribblin.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Tecratt

Damn you set me a tough challenge ‘reality’ is a huge topic and something I try to avoid. 🙂 Anyway I flicked through my research notes and tried to get a theme going that would stay in line with your snake.

As for tattoo ideas I am just throwing a few out there but likes and dislikes is helpful.

The snake conjurs a picture of desert type terrain (which would look great with a reshade and colour).

Animal sleeve – maybe have a screaming eagle (eat snakes), mongoose trying to tear into the snake, or a scorpion facing off with it.

American Indian style – Could have the head portrait male/female or the head and animal (wolf, eagle, bear etc), or event a totemistic pole or symbol.

Another idea was from the gunslinger by Stephen King it is just the back of the guy facing the tower maybe it could be altered to suit.

Other ideas are maybe to have animal skulls and tie them in some decorative feathers.

If worst came to worst you could easily cover the snake over and start again but I like teh idea of reality and fantasy sleeves so stick with it – get us more info and happy to help.

Take Care
    Matthew

dirkster
    Participant
    @dirkster

You should hire a custom tattoo designer so you can let them do the thinking.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt
    Sherav;35430 wrote:
    Hi Tecratt

Damn you set me a tough challenge ‘reality’ is a huge topic and something I try to avoid. 🙂 Anyway I flicked through my research notes and tried to get a theme going that would stay in line with your snake.

As for tattoo ideas I am just throwing a few out there but likes and dislikes is helpful.

The snake conjurs a picture of desert type terrain (which would look great with a reshade and colour).

Animal sleeve – maybe have a screaming eagle (eat snakes), mongoose trying to tear into the snake, or a scorpion facing off with it.

American Indian style – Could have the head portrait male/female or the head and animal (wolf, eagle, bear etc), or event a totemistic pole or symbol.

Another idea was from the gunslinger by Stephen King it is just the back of the guy facing the tower maybe it could be altered to suit.

Other ideas are maybe to have animal skulls and tie them in some decorative feathers.

If worst came to worst you could easily cover the snake over and start again but I like teh idea of reality and fantasy sleeves so stick with it – get us more info and happy to help.

Take Care
    Matthew

Schweet great ideas.

I’ve read all of the dark tower series, I will dig out the books when I get home and check that out. Awesome idea

I also like the scorpion.

I love my snake tat, I’m def going to keep that.

Thanks for offering ideas!

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt
    dirkster;35449 wrote:
    You should hire a custom tattoo designer so you can let them do the thinking.

When I figure out what I want, I will be taking it to my artist and having him draw it up custom.

I’m just looking for ideas, that’s all.

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

I found this picture on deviantart of Roland:

http://thedemon8719.deviantart.com/art/The-Gunslinger-59484609

I really like the style of this picture.

A little more shading instead of the solid black but I am loving the gunslinger idea.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

That pic style would transfer nicely into a tattoo.
    Let us know what you decide.

Take care
    Matthew

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.