Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

OK stop right there!!!! And do your research find a reputable artist, just because he’s shown you his autoclave means didly squat! Have you seen any of his artwork, finished pieces on other people etc?? As for numbing cream i dont use it so i cant comment. People just generally suck it up or pass out LMAO:D

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

print some pictures out and stick them to your bedroom doorframe and place some next to your computer….places you will see them a lot… stick both images up, the one you first liked and the one you think you want doing. see which you prefare after a few weeks,,,

i know it is a personal preference, but why would you post an image up of some realy nice wings and then post another image of something that in my eyes dont do any justice, i am presuming that the cost or the time and pain was a major decission changer, well it need not be….
    tattoos are addictive, lots of people say no they are not, and then come back for another one…. so why not go for the design and style that you like but have it done in multiple sitings, a work in progress piece, that way you get the style and design that really wanted, it then becomes a goal in life, a fantastic talking point……. but most of all …. you will love that piece for the rest of your life.

if you compromise a piece because of time and money. then it normally will become a coverup in the making.

just my 2 pennies worth ๐Ÿ˜‰

go to an artist that has a good portfolio, then try find some of their clients and have a chat with them, word of mouth is from previous clients is always great advertising, a bad artists work will create poor feedback much quicker..

bigbud
    Participant
    @bigbud

about the pain unless you have had your back done you wont know pain like it
    i think its because you cant see where they are working
    but trust me when i say it fucking hurts like hell
    i have a few tattoos both arms top middle and bottom both shoulders but down your spine woa man the pain
    keep breathin its like havin a baby (well a man baby anyways):D

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Ant

I am with everybody else on the matter. Your comment about him sometimes messing up a tattoo would be enough to make me run for the door.

As for the actual tattoo – my backpiece I have been looking at that picture now for 7 years. My feelings have not changed in all that time and I know it is the one I want.

My advice is don’t rush the tattoo research your design and keep checking it over at least a couple of months.

Save up the money even if it took a few years it would be worth it because it is on your skin forever.

My belief is invest in yourself – get a tattoo you love.

Take Care

Matthew

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

IMHO you will not get value for money —8 hours for the sudo tribal piece you put up nah —save up get a GOOD design and pay for it you wont regret the cost half as much as you would if you payed ยฃ560 for a bad piece—just my two cents worth as for the pain well maybe it will and maybe it wont hurt everyone handles pain differetly—Id geared myself up to thinking it was gonna be real bad and when it came down to it it wasnt as bad as Id expected –yes it hurt in some places more than others but was pleased with how I handled it —sometimes its the fear of the unknown that is worse than the reality so yes its not a race –get the outline of your final chosen design done in one sitting—leave a few weeks and have another session for the fill in/shading and carry on like that till its job done

Azure
    Participant
    @azure
    bigbud;35399 wrote:
    keep breathin its like havin a baby (well a man baby anyways):D

Oooh you’re on very thin ice bigbud ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack
    Azure;35418 wrote:
    Oooh you’re on very thin ice bigbud ๐Ÿ˜‰

Epidural anesthesia when your havin a tattoo —Id sign up for that LMFAO ๐Ÿ™‚

markus696979
    Participant
    @markus696979
    Sherav;35402 wrote:
    Hi Ant

I am with everybody else on the matter. Your comment about him sometimes messing up a tattoo would be enough to make me run for the door.

As for the actual tattoo – my backpiece I have been looking at that picture now for 7 years. My feelings have not changed in all that time and I know it is the one I want.

My advice is don’t rush the tattoo research your design and keep checking it over at least a couple of months.

Save up the money even if it took a few years it would be worth it because it is on your skin forever.

My belief is invest in yourself – get a tattoo you love.

Take Care

Matthew

Ya i was kinda thinkin the same thing but didn’t really want to be the first person to say it because it sounded like she already made her appt ect.

Money should NEVER be the issue when deciding on a tat. Because you saved a lil bit of money (or even alot) isn’t gona make you happy in a year or two when that money you saved is gone and your stuck with a tat that is just OK. A tat should be mind blowing and should be everything and more that you had originally pictured in you mind.

It’s like you fantasize about driving a corvette but you can only afford a corsica. Cars come an go but tats are forever. You’ll be 80 years old and still have that OK tat.

Most tatoo artists dictate there own finances when it comes to taking payments from clients. When I got my back peice done I started With a decent size tat in a different area (Superman S on my chest) . So it would give me some time to get to know the guy BS around ect. Once I got the guy in his comfort zone We started talkin about my back peice. I told him that i didn’t have the money to drop 1500-2000 on a tat straight up. But we figured out what i could afford an i’d make appointment give him my loot upfront and tell em to tat untill he felt he made the money that i just gave em. So even if you can afford 150-200$ a month. Its not uncommon for a BIG tat to take mths . Because between every session you have to wait 2 weeks neways.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.