Miss Und@ztood
    Participant
    @miss-undztood

Here i am again, with another question.
    It’s my first tattoo so I don’t know much of how the healing needs to go.
    But now I have my tattoo (on my foot) a week and four days, it’s healing but at a few places the ink very light and at other places very dark. But at the light places it’s reeeeeaaaaaly light!! Is that normal and part of the healing or not? :rolleyes:

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Where it is a lot lighter it sounds like you will need a touchup again as the ink has either been lifted out or not taken.

The healing is roughly like this;

Immediatly done – red, maybe some blood, raised. Keep it covered until you get home. Keep it covered in a sterile dressing for at least 12-24 hours it is an open wound treat it as such.

Then gently clean it with water and pat dry (not rub) apply moisturiser (non-scented) and let it breathe.
    The tattoo will then begin to scab over the next 2-3 days – do not pick it. Do not wear tight clothes over it as you may rip the scab. Avoid direct sunshine if possible.

Clean it daily and pat dry. Apply the lotion 2-3 times a day.
    After 4-5 days it will begin to flake – again do not pick, peel, poke or play with it. This can cause infection and damage the tattoo.

After 7 days or so the tattoo should be healed. (This can be short or longer depending on the individual)

It is good practice to moisturise them daily as part of routine.

Also do not get it reworked until fully healed. Soem aprts of the foot are harder to keep ink than others eg the sole wear away quick.

Take Care

Matthew

Miss Und@ztood
    Participant
    @miss-undztood
    Sherav;35150 wrote:
    Hi

Where it is a lot lighter it sounds like you will need a touchup again as the ink has either been lifted out or not taken.

The healing is roughly like this;

Immediatly done – red, maybe some blood, raised. Keep it covered until you get home. Keep it covered in a sterile dressing for at least 12-24 hours it is an open wound treat it as such.

Then gently clean it with water and pat dry (not rub) apply moisturiser (non-scented) and let it breathe.
    The tattoo will then begin to scab over the next 2-3 days – do not pick it. Do not wear tight clothes over it as you may rip the scab. Avoid direct sunshine if possible.

Clean it daily and pat dry. Apply the lotion 2-3 times a day.
    After 4-5 days it will begin to flake – again do not pick, peel, poke or play with it. This can cause infection and damage the tattoo.

After 7 days or so the tattoo should be healed. (This can be short or longer depending on the individual)

It is good practice to moisturise them daily as part of routine.

Also do not get it reworked until fully healed. Soem aprts of the foot are harder to keep ink than others eg the sole wear away quick.

Take Care

Matthew

Oké, tnx.
    Well, I have it two weeks now and it’s still not healed. 🙂
    I will see how it looks when it’s healed.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

If it has been 2 weeks and still not healed I would recommend you get it checked by a Dr you may need some antibiotics.

Take Care

Matthew

markus696979
    Participant
    @markus696979

geez you all are gona scare this person 2 weeks is a normal period of healing this is the standard

i’ve had tats that even took a lil longer this is normal

some of the ink prolly did come out of the tat during the healin process theres alot of things that can cause this

clothing rubbin on the skin is one and excessive dampness foot tats are notorious for these two things because of the fact that most people can’t take 2 weeks an just sit around the house with there shoes an socks off

i have a tat on my leg right now that is about week an a half old still a lil scabby not completely healed normal

and shading in tats does generally lighten up some when it heals

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Not my intention to scare at all. I agree that tattoos can take between 7-14 days depending on the healing process of the person.

I recommended antibiotic check because of the tattoo placement – as you say the foot area can be damp and breed a lot of bacteria – which is why sometimes it is better to be cautious and be told it is fine than just sat there worrying.

My vew is always if unsure get it checked out – not about fear but about reassurance. 🙂

Take Care

Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.