Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Ok, another design I have in the pipeline, third in the queue at the moment!

I bought some of that transfer paper, where you can print out your own designs and stick it on, like the stuff you get from ice cream vans as a kid lol. It’s crappy stuff, hardly the realistic tattoo it promised me tsk :p but did the job, as I just wanted to see what this’d look like – http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?832847822a.jpg – (excuse my horrible foot – will be getting a pedicure before I have the tattoo! ;)). I know the font needs rethinking slightly. I also know that the ink will be prone to fading there. My question is – how often would you estimate I’d need to get it touched up? If it was once or twice a year, I could perhaps live with it (or would the quality deteriorate every time I had it touched up?), but if it got real shitty real quick then I’ll rethink where I’m having it. I wear flip flops 99% of the time all year round (hence the horrible dried out feet!), even in snow, I don’t know if that would help or hinder?

What would you recommend, o’ knowledgable ones, worth bothering with down there? (if not, would the same sort of position on the inside of my foot be any better?)

Oh and sherav, if you read this, I also printed out the roman numerals idea that I mentioned in a thread the other day to go above the zodiac symbols, you’re right it looks much better with about an inch seperating it – that’s first in the queue as a certainty! But giving it a couple more weeks, trying to pace myself!!

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

I have a tattoo on my foot that I got in September. The side of the foot, right where you want to get your tattoo, was the hardest place to get the ink to stay in. My artist had to keep going over and over and over that little area until I couldn’t take it anymore… The point of the matter is, right there on the side is already really faded, even though you can’t tell too much in this photo.

I don’t reccomend getting a tattoo there.

January2009191.jpg

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Great tattoo – and thank you, very persuasive argument and you’ve convinced me not to go through with it – shall have a rethink on the placement! ๐Ÿ™‚

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

I’ll do my best to save anyone from having to do so many touch ups in such a painful spot.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Azure,

Really glad you are happy with the roman numerals tat – can’t wait to see it finished. I did mean to reply a bit earlier but been on the beer for about 2 days solid with it been my b’day and can’t get all my mates together at same time. (Well my excuse anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

Ok onto the serious subject of placememt…

That section of the foot is one which can be difficult to get ink to hold. This is because the edges and soles of the feet slough skin at a much faster rate than most parts of the body. They also callous much more because we are on them all the time so they rub much more.

Flipflops would reduce the wear (damn you wear them in snow?? Making me feel soft here :D). But to save on retouch up hassles why not have the words running from just below the ankle down across the front of your foot?

I really like the sentiment of the tattoo. I also loved Kiri’s.

Take Care

Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.