smallville_hero
    Participant
    @smallville_hero

My friend has just got his first, I am still thinking about mine.
    He found an artist in Ealing Broadway which comes highly recommended.
    typical me though, I dont really like the design of his tattoo. The meaning is there, its a phoenix which is important to him at this stage but I dont like the design.
    Does this mean I wont like the tattooist??? or how can I find out if he is any good???

I dont have a picutre of his and dont know how to display it without a link – which I know is frowned upon on this site.

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Do you dislike the tattoo because a poor job was done, or because you don’t like the picture? If the latter then this is irrelevant to the tattooist – he has no control over what people bring to him to ink, for all you know he may have hated it too. Look at the quality of the lines, shading, etc, do you think a good job has been done? Does the artist have a website where you can flick through the gallery, or an album of work he’s done in his shop that you could look at? I wouldn’t base his talent on this design because that was your friend’s choice, not his, but at the same time I would attempt to seek more knowledge about him before walking through the door.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint

If they tattoo has been done well and you simply do not like the design so don’t judge the artist till you have seen a body of his work so you can make an informed descion hope this helps.

misskandi
    Participant
    @misskandi

I agree with what’s already been said. ((nods)) Definitely see if the artist has an album you can check out. =]

vala
    Participant
    @vala

To display a pic you can use tinypic to host it. Google them, upload your pic and they’ll provide you with a direct link which you can copy/paste into a thread and it will immediately show the pic.

As for your question, maybe think of a design you’d like then see that artist’s impression of it. That way your mind won’t immediately have a negtive thought about there work.

THRASHER
    Participant
    @thrasher

Yeah im with all of the above (such a copycat!). as long as the lines are sharp, clean etc & shading then the artist has done a good job. Maybe the design is just not ur taste…

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Personally I always rated mine by the fewest number of punches he had to use to put me out so he could put the damn thing on me. Been a big bloke it only took 5-6 of them! 😀

Actually there are 2 things that I like to look for in a good artist.

As stated the type of art they have – making sure they can do something you like and be sterile etc.

But also is whether you can get on with the artist as a person. I don’t mean piss in each other’s boots or anything like that but there has to be a certain rapport and mutual respect.

If you find that you really dislike the manner of the tattooist you will be forever wondering ‘did they do the best they could’ (even if they did you may sort of think no because we hated one another).

Anyhow thats my tuppence worth.

Take Care

Matthew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.