Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

Hi, I have my familys coat of arms on my upper back. The right one is my fathers, and the left is from my mothers side. My brother and I both got this tattoo, except his are located on the back of each calf. I am getting it touched up in a few days, and as I was looking at a picture of it.. I noticed it seemed lacking. I want to add something to it to make it look better. Prettier, bolder, and just all around great. Right now its dull and kind of boring. Im open to any suggestions, technical about how to improve the piece I already have, and what I could do to add more beauty to it. I was considering getting some wings on either side. Open and spread to my shoulders, or closed and hanging down. Im switching artist since my previous one just went off on a trek across America.

Thank you for all your advice!

January2009183.jpg

I originally posted this in another thread…sorry guys.

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

*bump bump*

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Kiri,

Sorry for the delay I was looking into some heraldry for you (beats investigating fraud! ;))
    There were quite a few ideas that struck me but will keep it tamed.

First of all I like the tattoo and think it is a great thing to have your family crests.

Have you considered a bit more colour or a reshade the knights could be more prominent which (I think would add a lot).

Also some of the ideas I came across were;

A unicorn and lion rampant (standing on back legs) eitherside.

A wider shield that encompasses the crests as a border – maybe some stylised figures on the edges – animal heads, stag, griffon, wolf etc

Other designs i saw were crossed weapons below the crest or a bed of laurels.

The wings would also work well.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Take Care

Matthew

Kiri
    Participant
    @kiri

I like the idea of herald lions on either side… I could definitely work with that.

Something like this perhaps…

lions2.jpg

lions.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

That is just one damn fine tattoo!

I would go for something like that – it rocks!

Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.