Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Next week I’m having this design – http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8727/quotevc5.jpg – inked on my back. It’s going in a (hopefully) perfect circle around my tattoo between shoulder blades (see avator). When printed out, the diameter of the circle is exactly the width of a piece of A4 paper. I took it into my artist last week who groaned lol, he said he’d do it but his main worry was how to actually stick the transfer onto my back – obviously it can’t even be slightly to one side or a tiny bit too high or low around the other one as it’ll look shit, but he can’t cut it into a circle as it’d be virtually impossible to press on me without it smudging. Anyway he said he’d sort it out but kinda worried I’m gonna go to my appointment next week and have to spend half the day working out how to do it with him haha. How would you do it, if there are any artists reading this, or recommend it should be done?
    PS freehand is out of the question!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

just hope that your original tattoo is central or it will make the whole piece look off center big time

if you have printed it out and it fits on an A4 paper perfectly then i would suggest printing 2 out , one for making a stencil and the other for this next steps for aligning the piece up.

fold the page in half so that you know where the center line is and mark it top and bottom, then cut the waste away from within the center of the sheet to the bottom edge of the lettering….

Next i would get you to stand upright and relaxed,
    using the piece of paper with the hole cut out, place it over the artwork you already have, and position it so that it looks purfect… then mark your back with a horizontal and vertical line at the markings of the the paper top and bottom …. this will alow the stencil to be aligned purfectly.

now with the stencil, make a center line top and bottom as you did with the test paper, align the markings up with the markings on your back and hey presto its in the correct place..

i know it sounds long winded but its hard to type it out so that you understand…
    to actually do it then it should only take a few minutes, it might be best to have a helping hand to align it easily. one to align it and one to press the stencil firmly onto your back.

you are better standing up rather than laying down to place the stencil, that way the skin is in the natural position.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Good method.
    Personally I’d just mark a centre line onto your existing tattoo, then half the transfer. Once one side is on the other side will match up exactly. Not rocket science.

Good luck!!

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Thanks guys – will prepare your idea outlaw in advance then suggest both of your ideas and see which he prefers! Pics thursday night! Bloody hope my first one is central, it looks it but in theory it could be a bit out… (i know it looks wonky in my avator but i wasn’t standing totally straight). well if the placement of the transfer looks shit then I’ll back out slowly anyway before it becomes permanent!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.