manoavalley
    Participant
    @manoavalley

While scouring the internet I saw many beautiful hawaiian, samoan, and maori tattoos. I was wondering if anyone knew the significance of the different patterns that they use. A common motiff is the use of shark teeth and also of kapa/ tapa or cloth.
    Just thought i’d throw that out their since i got such a great response for my last question.
    Thanks for any information

E

manolo87
    @
    manoavalley;33612 wrote:
    While scouring the internet I saw many beautiful hawaiian, samoan, and maori tattoos. I was wondering if anyone knew the significance of the different patterns that they use. A common motiff is the use of shark teeth and also of kapa/ tapa or cloth.
    Just thought i’d throw that out their since i got such a great response for my last question.
    Thanks for any information

E

did you find ne thing yet ? im lookin to get one soon to but cant find the meaning of the samoan symbols either

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I have a few books on the subject but they are expensive and dry-academic so not easy reading.
    I looked up this website and they seem to have a lot of starter info on the subject which is easy to read.

There are a number of websites so my advice is read this one then hunt around more in the library or the internet.

http://www.tiki-styles.de/tattoomuster.htm

Take Care
    Matthew

hoani
    Participant
    @hoani

Hey there,I am indeginous to New Zealand I can help with the Maori elements,meanings,significance,origin etc so…whats the question ?

Hoani

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.