XoVAMPIREHEARToX
    Participant
    @xovampireheartox

ive been getting tattooed for 4 years and love it, i had a falling out with my artist and dont go to him anymore, but i was thinking about getting into tattooing myself but after talking to some aprentices and finding out that they can be treated pretty badly and told to do all kinds f dumb shit, now dont get me wrong im all for earning your place in the shop and earning respect but some of the things ive heard aprentices do and have to put up with, muchless stuff that has nothing to do with tattooing, i think its bull shit, not all artists do that kinda thing and are good teachers unfortunitly i havnt met one yet that didnttreat his aprentice pretty shitty, now again i wanna learn but just with the way i know some are treated am hesitant, now my question is i found all the stuff to tattoo and am going to teach myself is that a good idea? i dont plan on being profesional and oening a shop just something to do as a hobby for now and see how it goes what do u think

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

yea my friends work at one of the tatt shops i go to and whenever they get a new guy they are pretty ridiculous with the way they talk to them. But i think its like joining a frat house… you have to go through shitty initiations to get in but once your accept as their brother you will always be their brother.

*shrugs*

I think if your going to try it out and teach yourself, you reserch (of course) online is usually a good place to start lol and ask around to various places for ways of doing it right and then get your tools you need and get some pig skin to practice on… share your works with others to get feedback and then if you think you got it try to tattoo yourself before you tattoo anyone else. and if it comes out perfectly and no problems then try to get an apprenticeship. at least then if you got what it takes it wouldnt take long to prove it and you would know a good deal about it already.

This is what i would do if i was in your position. id practice as much as needed in order to get comfortable with the tattoo machine and technique. find your niche in it that enables you to feel comfortable and what not. and stick with it.

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

hey well i’m sort of teaching myself but before i started tattooing others , well tattooing at all i did read a lot especialy about sterilization and contamination that may become a huge problem. i would suggest to do ur research on the other things conected to tattooing rather than tattooing itself, take a look around and find out what u need to get equipment wise, buy some dvd’s about tattooing, books etc.than ones u know about it get the equipment, like medical, cleaning and sterilization, than machines and needles, power supply, clip cords etc. oh.. and make sure that room u will be creating has no carpet.*i will tel u one thing though it will cost u some money and it’s better to spend more and get good quality equipment than buy cheap and for it to keep breaking. there’s a few good providers on the web. again please get as much info as u can because there’s a lot more to tattooing than just tattooing:) good luck

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

definetly more to it than just tattooing and very expensive from what i have seen. i was looking at a gun for a dear friend of mine who has one that keeps breaking. i found one for 285 and even tho the gun may be so so that still expensive for a gun that is just so so. i would imagine DAMN GOOD ones are much more than that.

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

285 is ok price should be a good one , i’m using micky bee machine for lining and i like them a lot they come up to £300-£400, there’s so many types and kinds that it’s hard to choose from i’ve gone through loads of them* before i found the one i liked the weight of. my shader and colouring machines i build myself from different parts so it siuts me.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

oh sweet yes i have heard of ppl building their own machine which is really cool. way to go eve 😀

eveline
    Participant
    @eveline

i only modified the old one i had but it helped

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.