Lady_Baglady
    Participant
    @lady_baglady
    Terg
    Participant
    @terg

The opinion of this type of person doesn’t effect me. If you read the entire article he mentions that he does not wish any action be taken place to avoid tattoos from being done. Yet he then goes on to mention how if any idiot wants one they should feel free. People like this somehow think that they are better for being so judgmental. While we view tattoos as art and feel it is no big deal at all if people don’t want them, there will be those who will consider people with tattoos to be freaks, criminals, or idiots. Everyone likes to believe in “to each their own” yet when it’s not their own they hurl ugly opinions that go against what they claim.

So let him have his article lol.

Tartanmack
    Participant
    @tartanmack

This article ranks right up there alone with the latest Elvis is alive and well and living in Brighton articles you get every so often to fill column space.

The guy does make some valid points as to the way people used to judge (some like the writer still do) people with tattoos and even within the tattoo world you will get people being judgemental about others work in fact I found myself briefly being judgemental about a picture of a young girl with the words “Slut” Whore” Cum Here “tattooed along with pictures to match the words and my first thoughts were that the person didn’t have a very high esteem of themselves to do that to themselves then I thought —their body who am I to judge.

The thing about tattoos is IMHO —some are works of art in there own right and deserve to be shown of proudly, others deserve to be covered up never to see the light of day —I’m glad Tattoos are getting more socially acceptable now its probably brought more artists into the world of tattoos now that it is and that in the long run can only be a good thing and there are some great pieces out there that prove un like the writer of the newspaper column —the world of tattooing has moved onwards and upwards 🙂

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

People often times criticize what they are afraid of and/or what they do not understand. His “holier than thou” disposition is very common amongst most Baby Boomers. They think they run the world with all of their societal shoulds and should nots. This man obviously has no artistic values, or from reading his article, talent. Furthermore… He should grow some balls and get some ink done on his (baby soft) old man skin. Cheers.

Side note: If he caught one glimpse of me and I offered sexual favors, he wouldn’t say no.

Saint
    Participant
    @saint
    Terg;31358 wrote:
    The opinion of this type of person doesn’t effect me. If you read the entire article he mentions that he does not wish any action be taken place to avoid tattoos from being done. Yet he then goes on to mention how if any idiot wants one they should feel free. People like this somehow think that they are better for being so judgmental. While we view tattoos as art and feel it is no big deal at all if people don’t want them, there will be those who will consider people with tattoos to be freaks, criminals, or idiots. Everyone likes to believe in “to each their own” yet when it’s not their own they hurl ugly opinions that go against what they claim.

So let him have his article lol.

This man speaks the truth!

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

“No one can deny that the heaviest concentrations of tattoos occur in the lowest segments of society — prostitutes, pimps, pugs, prison inmates, Ku Klux Klansmen and the members of street and motorcycle gangs.

Now, according to this week’s story, 36 percent of young people have decided to emulate such lowlifes.”

-Paul Carpenter

…….. 😮 That really made me sick… I know waay too many ppl out there with tattoos that are not apart of any of those catagoried nor are they into pot or drugs. I am not in any those catagories as I am sure no one here is either. Well maybe but i doubt it. Some of us may toke here and there but we are NOT lowlifes!!!!

When I read that in the article I was appalled by the ignorance and arrogance of the author.

Men and women in the Military and Law Enforcement have tattoos! Execs. of Corporate America have tattoos. People working two jobs just to make it in this economy who are not out there selling their bodies or selling drugs, THEY have tattoos and all of them should be commended for their great efforts in life to do the right thing!

Lady_Baglady
    Participant
    @lady_baglady

Wwll said my friend, well said.

AhshKoshBGosh
    Participant
    @ahshkoshbgosh

*bows* thank you… thank you.

I actually posted that last bit on the authors comments for his blog. I was pissed and I know i wasnt to only one on there who made stink about it either. Damn conservatives!!!

thats right asshole i drink the kool aid!!!!! i drink it!!! :p

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.