wagner
    Participant
    @wagner

Dude in a druken haze I have gotten about 4 brandings!I am not against it because it reminds me of good times with friends I will only see every few months…But generally it’s not the smartest thing to do,they take a bit of time to heal and can become itchy!I would not suggest this as a good idea..but I wouldn’t not do it to myself if I could go back in time.I mostly just used a lighter to create “Smiley’s”.Oh and one more thing DO NOT APPLY SALT TO THE WOUND..Once again drunken haze..Salt in the wound is a saying for a reason!:(

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

@wagner 28934 wrote:

DO NOT APPLY SALT TO THE WOUND

like you say, its a saying for a reason

but technically, salt does help to control infection, but there are better alternatives like honey or sugar…that is if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and have no pharmacy…

but there is no reason to use salt if you have honey or sugar available, they are both better, and less painfull. (although the honey does usually sting a bit, as it breaks down it forms hydrogen peroxide which keeps the wound clean…)

Sailor_Emma
    Participant
    @sailor_emma

Um, the aftercare of a tattoo?
    Dont soak it for a few weeks (so if you have a bath, keep the tattooed area away from the water)
    Stay away from caustic substances
    Use Savlon to keep it infection free and moisturised. After the first day, apply whenever you feel you need it)
    And wash with sensitive soap.
    I dunno if thats what you need to do for branding, though.
    Hmmm.

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

@Sailor_Emma 29029 wrote:

Um, the aftercare of a tattoo?
    Dont soak it for a few weeks (so if you have a bath, keep the tattooed area away from the water)
    Stay away from caustic substances
    Use Savlon to keep it infection free and moisturised. After the first day, apply whenever you feel you need it)
    And wash with sensitive soap.
    I dunno if thats what you need to do for branding, though.
    Hmmm.

first of all, thats not what we where talking about, second, there are a ton of aftercare threads, that are more developed, and alot more in depth… you left out alot, where way to vague, and in some areas just wrong…

Sailor_Emma
    Participant
    @sailor_emma

@Calandryll 29068 wrote:

first of all, thats not what we where talking about, second, there are a ton of aftercare threads, that are more developed, and alot more in depth… you left out alot, where way to vague, and in some areas just wrong…

The person who originally posted this thread asked me about tattoo aftercare. Oh please fill me in, it’s not like I dont have 4 very well cared for tattoos.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.