sangoma
    Participant
    @sangoma

Hey all, I had a branding thread last week, but they thought I was a spambot and they banned me. But I have returned.
    How long do you leave the hot metal on the skin for? And what temperature is ideal?

Thanks.

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Hi. You leave your stove element on until it is RED. This means it is HOT. Then get a helper to depress your face into the element….
    For best results, leave for at least ten seconds. To ensure a good branding. :rolleyes:
    This you may notice is a Tattoo & Piercing forum.

sangoma
    Participant
    @sangoma

Tattoo-
    noun
    1. the act or practice of marking the skin with indelible patterns, pictures, legends, etc.

Branding IS a form of tattooing. And if you’re just going to be sarcastic and not give me any useful information then I’d appreciate it if you didn’t reply. I know there were a few people before who replied to my last thread who have tried it, I’m not alone.

Sailor_Emma
    Participant
    @sailor_emma

I dont have an answer for you dude because I havent come across branding much, but it sounds interesting. What are you gunna use to brand yourself? Are you just gunna use fire to heat it up? What after care do you have to use?

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan
    X-pressive;28630 wrote:
    Hi. You leave your stove element on until it is RED. This means it is HOT. Then get a helper to depress your face into the element….
    For best results, leave for at least ten seconds. To ensure a good branding. :rolleyes:
    This you may notice is a Tattoo & Piercing forum.

yeah kinda a bad post there xpressive

i have not seen any branding done in reall life only on films but to be honest i think one quick blast for half a second with a really hot piece of metal does the trick. its meant to smell very bad too

also check the laws where you live as this can count as assault/GBH in certain places.

sangoma
    Participant
    @sangoma

@Sailor_Emma 28636 wrote:

I dont have an answer for you dude because I havent come across branding much, but it sounds interesting. What are you gunna use to brand yourself? Are you just gunna use fire to heat it up? What after care do you have to use?

I bent two paperclips into the copyright symbol. My friend has a blow torch were going to use to heat it up. There’s four of us who are going to do it. I somehow talked three people into this! I have no idea what I’m supposed to do for aftercare. I assume it will be similar to aftercare for a tattoo. How do you treat a tattoo? I’ve never gotten one before.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

ok i think the only thing i can say right now is “DO NOT DO A BRANDING ON YOURSELF WITH A PAPERCLIP”

if your gonna get branded get a pro to do it.

The risk of infection etc is very high with branding and the chance of your wound goign septic can be high because of the nature of the injury.

branding yourself with a paperclip might seem funny but if you end up with a really dirty scar you will regret it a lot.

Go find a professional in your area and ask afor their advice first

normally any branding is doen with a large piece of metal to not a paperclip as the clip will probably lose its shape when itghets anywhere near the kind of heat you need.

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Bad Post??? The fact that he or she wants to brand themselves!! A pretty bad, cheap, and idiotic thing to do. Get Real.

sangoma
    Participant
    @sangoma

@X-pressive 28666 wrote:

Bad Post??? The fact that he or she wants to brand themselves!! A pretty bad, cheap, and idiotic thing to do. Get Real.

Getting a tattoo isn’t much different. People have been branding animals for thousands of years, what’s wrong with a person doing it to oneself? It may not be very common, but people do it. To me, it’s got much more meaning than any tattoo would. I’m sorry you can’t think unconventionally, but I just don’t see why you’re so against this.

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Hi. Its not that im against branding at all. Its the fact that you plan to do it yourself, and with a paper-clip?
    Hopefully you are not going to plan on re-useing the same paper clip on your friends. That is X-contamination from word go.
    There are trained professionals in this field, who know what temperatures you need, how long to depress the iron etc etc. It will be done in a clean, sterile, and safe premises. And can provide you with all the aftercare you need. Branding is alot more of an intense open wound compared to tattoos.
    I would just advise to seek a pro in this field thats all 😉

sangoma
    Participant
    @sangoma

@X-pressive 28750 wrote:

Hi. Its not that im against branding at all. Its the fact that you plan to do it yourself, and with a paper-clip?
    Hopefully you are not going to plan on re-useing the same paper clip on your friends. That is X-contamination from word go.
    There are trained professionals in this field, who know what temperatures you need, how long to depress the iron etc etc. It will be done in a clean, sterile, and safe premises. And can provide you with all the aftercare you need. Branding is alot more of an intense open wound compared to tattoos.
    I would just advise to seek a pro in this field thats all 😉

Okay, that’s a much better reason. I was definitely going disinfect everything and make multiple brands. I was also going to take very good care of the burns, clean the wounds with antibacterial cream etc. I’m not going to use a paperclip anymore, but I just have to find a wire thin and stiff now, I don’t know what to use.

iNKYBITS
    Participant
    @inkybits

Hi Guys
    Re: branding. My wife went to see a guy in Holland a few years ago who does branding. it costs a LOT of money to perform as the studio has to employ people to hold you down, (just like the cows), as the first reaction is to lash out so it’s a person on each corner, so to speak :rolleyes:, and then the brander uses a veterinary branding iron, held onto the skin for only a second or so, one and two count!

Aftercare: No aftercare is used and in fact you want to “not heal” as quick as when tattooed which allows the skin to form a Keloid like scar, heavy skin formation, where the branded skin finally does heal, many weeks later. When healed the scar is actullly raised higher than level skin. If done properly they can look amazing and if not can look horrendous and can cause a LOT of suffering for the uneducated branding the iron. This is an art form in itself so please go to a professional, they’ll have made their own fk up’s, on willing players at the begining of their tentative steps into the branding arena, but at least it won’t be on you.

If you think you can take the pain, we all can given proper mental attitude, go for it but go to a professional where any comebacks can be directed at them, not one of your mates, a mate who might not get it quite right. Deep tissue scarring could damage a lot more than the top layers of your skin! That means a visit to a burns unit and they will not have much time for self inflicted burns! Nor should they 😉

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

it is possibly the dumbest idea to brand yourself…

branding is just as complicated as tattooing (in its own way)… temp settings must be just right, amount of time on skin, pressure, ect… all need to be just right…

what you are suggesting would be like someone saying they where going to tattoo themselves with a sewing needle and india ink… (which i know people do and people who are on here have done, but that doesnt make it any better)

Kruk
    Participant
    @kruk

@sangoma 28660 wrote:

I bent two paperclips into the copyright symbol. My friend has a blow torch were going to use to heat it up. There’s four of us who are going to do it. I somehow talked three people into this! I have no idea what I’m supposed to do for aftercare. I assume it will be similar to aftercare for a tattoo. How do you treat a tattoo? I’ve never gotten one before.

Dude Don’t use a paper clip! A (standart) paperclip hat a silver or alluminium coating and will cause infections!

Calandryll
    Participant
    @calandryll

dude dont do it yourself period, its retarded, you will regret it later in life…

there are people you can pay to do it that do it professionally… you wouldnt tattoo yourself would you??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.