TargetTattoo
    Participant
    @targettattoo

Let’s drum up some discussion on this topic. I see many people on the forum that want suggestions for tattoo designs. So let’s talk about when you go to the tattoo parlor.

Do you usually have a design idea in mind (i.e. I want a skull tattoo), have an exact design (i.e. I want this skull in these colors and this size), or do you go with an open mind and let the artist suggest a design (i.e. I know I want a tattoo, but not sure what).

I am sure people have opinions on this topic, so let’s hear it!!

inkedmom
    Participant
    @inkedmom

i picked that i have a general idea… but then again i do have a few that i had the EXACT picture, and wanted zero changes. i got a new tat thursday, and i all i told the artist was that i wanted some viney flowery thing. LOL i really didnt know what i was looking for, but he did a wonderful job of translating my goobledy-gok into a beautiful design… so both i guess.:)

TargetTattoo
    Participant
    @targettattoo

@inkedmom 26227 wrote:

i picked that i have a general idea… but then again i do have a few that i had the EXACT picture, and wanted zero changes. i got a new tat thursday, and i all i told the artist was that i wanted some viney flowery thing. LOL i really didnt know what i was looking for, but he did a wonderful job of translating my goobledy-gok into a beautiful design… so both i guess.:)

You must have found a great artist…do you stick with the same tattoo artist everytime you get a new tat done??

inkedmom
    Participant
    @inkedmom

actually this last was by a different artist- the artist that did my previous 7 up and left town…and the town i live in is small- only one tattoo shop. but i am much happier with my new tat! so its all worked out…

Scurvydog
    Participant
    @scurvydog

Both of mine were specific pictures. Very little was changed on them. They were both done by the same guy. For my next one though, I might ask him to draw up an idea I have in my head and see what he comes up with.

Samantha_ann19
    Participant
    @samantha_ann19

I drew my own tattoo I said that I wanted this and this and then the rest you can have fun with. He did a fantastic job and they are artist they want to have some freedom and when you let them go, they can do amazing things.

MTLHC
    Participant
    @mtlhc

I usually bring a pic to my artist before hand and we discuss then when I go for appointment he has it ready. I trust him 100% because I know his work & yes, if you find a great artist why ever change if you don’t have to!?

The last pic I brought him was such a shitty shot but I am positive that he’ll make something awsome out of it….the pic was just a guideline. Can’t wait to see it!

I think most artists encourage your feedback as they want to be sure you get what you want and if it is not possible or won’t turn out nice I think that most would say so……if not, maybe then you should shop for another artist.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.