katelouise
    Participant
    @katelouise

hey all! i am planning on getting my very 1st tattoo soon, but i’m beginning to have some second thoughts. i’ve had some bad experiences with body mods: two attempts at ear cartilage piercings has left some bumpy keloid scars on my ear which are most likely permanent, & although my bellybutton piercing is fine now it was very infected for a long time which has resulted in another small lumpy scar-tissue keloidy area.

my question is about how likely it is that tattoos will cause the same kind of reaction. are piercings just simply harder to heal than tattoos? or should i not get a tattoo since i’ve experienced scarring with my piercings?

i don’t want to end up with some deformed, scarred, raised tattoo which has fucked up.

thanks so much for your help!!!

thelastrolo
    Participant
    @thelastrolo

from experience there are only 2 reasons why your mods or tattoos go bad:

1) you dont look after them

or

2) your artist is using dodgy equipment

SOLUTION:

1) Check artist for background details, health authority registration is a must

and

2) Make sure that you are clear about how to look after it. This forum is always here if you need any advice

If you follow basic instruction and are careful with the artist you choose (seriously… dont go to any tom, dick or harry) you should be the proud owner of some great artwork that you can cherish for the rest of your life. As far as design goes and how much you want it… you’ll know when you’ve made the right choices because you wont have any fears or doubts about getting work done.

🙂

hope this helps

Joe x

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Your piercing and tattoos are very different, I wouldn’t rule out that your body rejects the materials on piercings to some extent, this can often end up with the piercing being completely pushed to the surface and eventually drop right out. Although not that common it’s worth thinking about. Sometimes ink is rejected from the body and it won’t heal until all the ink is rejected sometimes resulting in a piece taking up to 5 or 6 weeks to heal, although even more uncommon.
    Chances are with your cartlidge piercing it just got irritated alot, that is pretty common with ear cartiledge so i wouldn’t jump to the negatives for having trouble with that, I’m a really quick healer and mine took forever to settle down also. Naval piercing another one you have to look out for, keep really clean, all your sweat and dirt etc washes down to that part of the body and especially in the summer will be likely to pick up a little infection.
    As above said, look after your tattoo make sure you get a clean and respectful artist, and the chances are you will be fine, if you do reject it then it is something that you won’t know until you’ve tried it.
    Good luck and take your time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.