wainacabra
    @

I just got back from the tattoo parlor not too long ago, and I know after I take my bandage off in 2 hours, I need to keep my skin moisturized, but I don’t have any “special” cream (made specifically for tattoos). I don’t know what I can use. Any help?

booboobrd
    @

wash in antibactorial soap. then put on hand lotion and alot and rub it in good or just pat it dry it wont hurt it,, i have a body suit and have done both, when and if you use basitration dont gob it on you want the tattoo to breath, its like an abrasion and needs to be healed as such in the air or against cotton.. good luck,,, j

Libertine
    Participant
    @libertine

I find one of the best things to use is preperation H the ointment its for haemoroihds ( piles) but it helps heal and stops itchiness but only use a little you dont want to suffocate the tattoo.
    Guess you wont have it lying around house but its well worth the couple of quid to buy a tube.
    ( No i dont have piles ) it was recommended to me thats how i found out about it i wasnt experimenting 🙂

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Are they painfull mate? must be all that sitting around you’r doing. Pretty wierd thing to try out on your tattoos though, unless you had the ring of your arse inked? 😀

😮

I remember buying it, I also felt the need to over explain to the girl being the counter that I didn’t have piles niether, only made me look more as though I did have them as well.
    Oh well, whats a pile or 2 here or there.:rolleyes:

Libertine
    Participant
    @libertine

Lol i remember doing the same explaining it was for a tattoo, and getting the yeah of course it is look.

thelastrolo
    Participant
    @thelastrolo

I use Bepanthen 🙂 it’s nappy rash cream available from boots, tesco etc and was reccommended by my tattooist, award winning artist Chris Jones. I use this treatment for about a week after any of my tattoos and it’s usually healed and ready for the next sitting 2 weeks later. I never have any scab, the cream is soothing plus my colours have always stayed bright (though this could be due to Chris’ work quality)

Also worth noting it was in Skin Deep’s beginners guide to tattoos last year (issue 147) and it’s noted how it keeps “scabbing to a minimum” and how “it also stops the annoying itching sensation some people get whilst their tattoo is healing”

There are other creams and methods available including:

“tattoo aftercare”, Approved by the Humane Cosmetics Standard.
    “Cream the Art”, a slow absorbing emollient with good soothing results.
    “Medical Body Art”, A whole kit from a French based company that caters for every aspect of tattoo healing to a good standard and on paper it’s ideal but can be expensive and you need to follow a routine that can be hard to manage.
    “Tattoo Goo”, Again best used as a kit but you can buy different parts of the set separately. All tattoo goo sets are made with natural materials

Hope this helps a bit 🙂

irish the hired gun
    Participant
    @irish-the-hired-gun

Just remember that anything with a perfumey smell is not to be used. The soaps and lotions with a scent to them have alcohol in them, this is not good for a healing tattoo. I’be found in a pinch vasaline is good for the first couple of days, use it sparingly like a dime(coin) size dab 2-3 times a day. Then after that I use baby lotion. A rule of thumb, if its good for a newborn, its ok for a tattoo, just don’t over saturate. You will make the stabbing worse and lose ink.

irish the hired gun
    Participant
    @irish-the-hired-gun

Just remember that anything with a perfumey smell is not to be used. The soaps and lotions with a scent to them have alcohol in them, this is not good for a healing tattoo. I’ve found in a pinch vasaline is good for the first couple of days, use it sparingly like a dime(coin) size dab 2-3 times a day. Then after that I use baby lotion. A rule of thumb, if its good for a newborn, its ok for a tattoo, just don’t over saturate. You will make the stabbing worse and lose ink.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat
    irish the hired gun;89238 wrote:
    Just remember that anything with a perfumey smell is not to be used. The soaps and lotions with a scent to them have alcohol in them, this is not good for a healing tattoo. I’ve found in a pinch vasaline is good for the first couple of days, use it sparingly like a dime(coin) size dab 2-3 times a day. Then after that I use baby lotion. A rule of thumb, if its good for a newborn, its ok for a tattoo, just don’t over saturate. You will make the stabbing worse and lose ink.

Good advise but after 2 1/2 years I think it is healed by now.

irish the hired gun
    Participant
    @irish-the-hired-gun

After 2 1/2 years? What’s wrong with it?

Dave Van
    Participant
    @dave-van

lol he was referring to the date of the post, Irish. You stumbled on an old one there.

irish the hired gun
    Participant
    @irish-the-hired-gun

I guess I’m late to the party. 2 years, this has been a moment with Irish the hired gun.:o

Dave Van
    Participant
    @dave-van
    irish the hired gun;89279 wrote:
    I guess I’m late to the party. 2 years, this has been a moment with Irish the hired gun.:o

lol We’ll overlook it this once. :p

DOJAGUY
    Participant
    @dojaguy

WELL MY FRIEND, think of it this way… Have you ever been to prison and got some work done? do they have all these fancy cremes and ointments in there? let me assure you that they dont. i have never put any creme on my pieces. remember its a wound…. keep it clean. if you have a little hand lotion throw a light coat on. most people say to use unscented so it wont irritate your skin…

all i do is regular washes and some coco butter once in awhile.

but thats just my opinion and im sure its wrong to some people haha. :p

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.