earthlover
    Participant
    @earthlover

I got my first tattoo last Sunday night, and I thought I kept it moisturized but it began to scab over. I haven’t picked at it or anything, and I kept putting some of the cream the artist gave me, onto the tattoo.. now its begining to crack..

has this ever happened to you?
    i mean i’ve just looked at it and its cracking no bleeding or anything, my shirt irritated it and a piece of the scab lifted but fully didn’t come off, it wasn’t big or anything..

(its on my hip and a peace sign).
    yeah, i haven’t picked it or anything..i don’t think my shirt hurt it when it lifted a bit of the scab we’ll haveto wait and see..

other than that i think its okay.

kerrie m
    @

That is just ur tattoo healing, it will eventually all come off, as long as u continue not to pick it it shouldnt fade or anything. it will clear up soon…

squirrelonfire2001
    @

Yeah, that’s normal. Don’t pick the scab or it will get infected.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Shouldn’t actualy scab, like as in a full on wound, well years ago it was pretty normal but these days the healing process if looked after well tends to leave you shedding more than scabbing. When you say cracking that seems to me to mean its quite a thick scab, I’m not sure thats actually a bad thing as they always used to scab and mine that did are fine. Haven’t seen a full on scabby tatts for a long time though. Don’t overdo the ointment and try to protect it as much as possible, keep your kit ‘off’ around the house etc well, you can outside if you like but you might get locked up, should be fine.:D

Kriegsmarine
    Participant
    @kriegsmarine

Sounds quite normal!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.