Paolo G
    Participant
    @paolo-g

Ok so advice needed for a noob, help me out please, the following is a quote in different fonts that I was thinking of getting done on my wrist. It is pretty much to scale and I was wondering if this is too intricate to do or after time it will spread and be unreadable/look shit (unfortuantely I think this is the case, which puts me back to the drawing board). I went to the shop to ask today but it was closed.

2006128605317590001_rs.jpg

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Wow, that’s pretty big stuff ya’ got here, lol.

For the question of it being unreadable, it depends on how well a single needle liner is used. It will spread out some, but if it is done properly and taken care of properly it will still be readable, the biggest one on the page being the best. Very good choice of font for that area in my opinion. Good Luck!

Paolo G
    Participant
    @paolo-g

Thanks for the reply Shorty, much appreciated. So basically your saying if i get a good tattooist I should be ok on the short term, so thats cool. I was also wondering if there could be problems with such thin lines on the long term? Someone told me that it would be ok at the start but a few years down the line it will spread (as all tattoos do) but this will be more of a problem for a tattoo like the one I have chosen. Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Well, it will spread some what, but for the most part if the line is thin enough and it was built up right it shouldn’t spread until it is unreadable, it should enlarge a little bit but not enough to ruin the letters.

Paolo G
    Participant
    @paolo-g

thanks again shorty, im going to the shop tmw (ive been recommended a guy from a friend), ill have a talk with him and see what he thinks (gonna be hard in a different language!). Anyway, if all goes to plan I may have another tattoo tmw evening….pics to come!!

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Good Luck!

Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

Paolo G
    Participant
    @paolo-g

Ended up going for another design which I had been thinking about. Really pleased with it. Forgot how much tattoos hurt! Thinking of getting a bigger one with colour on my ribs next, with a musical theme. Thought on this? (whether positive or negative!)

2005144617743476990_rs.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.