Jon-Shannow
    Participant
    @jon

Im kind of a loss as to how I should’ve handled this situation. I had an artist way under quote a tattoo. Basically she thought it was going to take an hour or two tops. It took her 6 hours and she only charged me the quoted price. I ended up tipping her the quoted price +$30. Anyways, I really didn’t have the money to pay her for the 6hrs and it was an amazing tattoo. I can’t help but feel like I screwed her. Any thoughts?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Post a pic of the amazing tattoo.

She quoted the tattoo that is the price. D you think that if she got it done in half the time that she quoted she would have charged you less?

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

a $30 tip if it was all you had available is great.
    Its also a bit of a learning process for the artist in question. They will likely now recognise the specific difficult bits that meant it took 6 hrs and not 2 and will quote more accurately for the same type of tattoo in the future.
    everyone has to do this in all jobs. Plasterers quote for a job based on estimated time and if it takes longer they just ahve to do it.
    they will quote better next time.
    and Pics Please!! would love to see the amazing tattoo!

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

If you love the ink and intend to get more by the same artist build up a professional relationship repeat work will always pay much more than a one off piece.
    Also it’s good practice for the artist to perfect their techniques.
    Looking forward to seeing a pic of your tattoo.
    Matt

Jon-Shannow
    Participant
    @jon

Thanks guys, I actually tipped her %25 based off of what the tattoo was worth, which is around $600. I will post a before pic asap. I need to find the before. I’m a video game nerd and I had a couple of Legend of Zelda symbols which were done great but the guy that did the symbols did a terrible job on the sword and background so she went back and fixed the crooked sword with a better one and added a bunch of shading and background color. Aww shit I’m on my phone so upload will have to wait.

harles.M
    Participant
    @harles-m

Paying the quoted price is all that is needed. A tip is great if you can afford it. If you keep going back to the same artist it will all work out over time. The 2 hour – 6 hour discrepancy is a wide one, but sometimes that is what it takes to get it right. Just do not book the same artist if you have a tight schedule or are about to catch a plane lol

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Thanks guys, I actually tipped her %25 based off of what the tattoo was worth, which is around $600. I will post a before pic asap. I need to find the before. I’m a video game nerd and I had a couple of Legend of Zelda symbols which were done great but the guy that did the symbols did a terrible job on the sword and background so she went back and fixed the crooked sword with a better one and added a bunch of shading and background color. Aww shit I’m on my phone so upload will have to wait.

Your math is pretty fuzzy 25% of $600 is $120 not the $30 that you previously said you tipped.

OrangeSport
    Participant
    @orangesport

$150 @Buttwheat 😉

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

$150 @buttwheat[/url]

Yes you are correct still not $30

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.