CatFlavoredSoda
    Participant
    @catflavoredsoda

Hey all,

After a long process of thinking and drawing I’ve got a design for my next tattoo – but I want a lettering in it and slowly grow desperate while thinking about it… As the tattoo’s meaning is breaking free and, well, travelling, what comes to my mind is Twain’s “Explore. Dream. Discover”. But as that’s heavily overused, I’m looking for alternatives….

I don’t mean to be rude, but as I anticipate the reactions: YES, travel tattoos and tattoos on, you know, “living life to the fullest” are heavily overused themselves. And YES, it’s even more of a cliché that a want a lettering. But frankly, I don’t care, because it means something very personal for me. So I’m sorry in advance for ignoring answers trying to talk down my tattoo. 😉

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.

As far as tattoo advice, let your tattoo artist design something for you. That’s what they do.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Lettering tattoos dumb, boring, trendy, and uncreative. So fucking what if it means some thing so damn special to you that you are willing to wear a piece of shit tattoo the rest of your life. Try thinking outside the box a little.

tumblr_mzgv9bsgOU1s4j88qo1_500.jpg

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Welcome. I like to find a really fantastic artist, give them a concept, maybe a couple of references, and let them run with it. The result is always way different, and WAY better than anything that I could imagine.

I have some writing on me and I never hold it still for anyone to read, because it’s a boring part of a piece. But I certainly stop to let people get a good look at the art that is on me.

So, basically, what they said. ^^^^^^^ :rolleyes:

pidjones
    Participant
    @pidjones

Like you said, it’s YOUR tattoo on YOUR body. Have it say whatever you want. Like: Hmm… I’ve never been there before.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Get some proper art!

Or

Get the words “I LOVE TRAVELLING” and a ship, train and plane 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.