Tones
    Participant
    @tones

I’m considering getting my first tattoo ever. I’m looking to get it on my left forearm and I am a guy. For me it has to have meaning and not just a random tattoo. So anyway I have one element that I absolutely want. My closest friend drew this for me. It is a key and in the middle of the key is the zibu symbol of friendship. I could get the key alone but I think tribal is a little dated. I’d like some ideas of what I can put this with or incorporate it into some other tattoo. Since zibu is the language of the angels I had thought of having an angel holding it but I’m thinking the tattoo may be a bit larger than I wanted to get the detail of the key. I know the artist could draw me anything but I’d at least like to have an idea what to tell him I want. My problem is I have no artistic ability or artistic imagination to come up with something that looks really good. Basically the key represents the key to heart as i’m sure was figured out plus the zibu symbol. Hope I can get the picture to load.mine3.jpg

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Tones 137652 wrote:

I’m considering getting my first tattoo ever. I’m looking to get it on my left forearm and I am a guy. For me it has to have meaning and not just a random tattoo. So anyway I have one element that I absolutely want. My closest friend drew this for me. It is a key and in the middle of the key is the zibu symbol of friendship. I could get the key alone but I think tribal is a little dated. I’d like some ideas of what I can put this with or incorporate it into some other tattoo. Since zibu is the language of the angels I had thought of having an angel holding it but I’m thinking the tattoo may be a bit larger than I wanted to get the detail of the key. I know the artist could draw me anything but I’d at least like to have an idea what to tell him I want. My problem is I have no artistic ability or artistic imagination to come up with something that looks really good. Basically the key represents the key to heart as i’m sure was figured out plus the zibu symbol. Hope I can get the picture to load.mine3.jpg

The whole thing is dates mate to be honest!

I know what its like to not know whats out there and think this will make a great tattoo.

Take a look at my signature link below and see what can be done now days, I think you will be surprised!

Tattoos do not need a meaning forced on to them, its art that’s all. Miami Ink is to blame for this crap. If you have genuine meaning to a tattoo that’s cool but don’t try forcing a meaning to justify the tattoo:)

I will leave you with a sleeve being done by an artist I am heading to in the future 🙂

View My Video

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

If that’s what your heart is set on that’s fine.

Nothing I could suggest would be of benefit, except to take a long hard look at what you will have on your body for the rest of your life.

Tones
    Participant
    @tones

haha. I guess the opinion here is pretty much the design sucks. gotcha 😉

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Welcome

If you like it get. If your not gay be prepared for people to think you are. That is a very feminine design.

Find yourself a great tattooist (we can help with that) give them your ideas and have them design it for you that it is part of their job to do.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Well, I know that your friend drew this for you and you like that, but that’s just baaad.

And no, not just because it’s tribal, which on it’s own can be bad enough. No, it’s simply very bad tribal.
    There is sadly nothing that can be done to make that thing look good, sorry.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I dropped out on “language of the angels”…

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@Tones 137657 wrote:

haha. I guess the opinion here is pretty much the design sucks. gotcha 😉

‘fraid so mate. Be glad it’s not permanently in your skin yet.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

All you need for a great tattoo is a good idea and the right artist. Keep your idea, lose the drawing.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Have you checked out the Gallery here? A lot of tattoos. Some good some bad.
    Keep us posted.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.