theRexMundi
    Participant
    @therexmundi

Hi,

I’m new here so firstly wan’t to say, hello!

I’ve been trying to come up with a idea for a new tat, either a half sleeve or a full sleeve (details depending). I have decided on the basic premise for it, but am struggling to come up with ideas to make it a complete (and awesome) piece. I’d love to hear any ideas you all might have to help with it.

The tat with have wording ‘Living is easy with eyes closed’ some where in it.
    I want it to show that if you open you eyes you will see a lot of bad stuff happening, but you will also be free and see a lot of good stuff. If you keep them closed, you wont have to deal with bad stuff, but will miss out on life.

Style wise, it will be black and grey with a kind of pencil draw style.

I’m aware this might be too much to fit on one tattoo, but if you have any ideas how this could work, any at all, i’d love to hear them.

Cheers,

Rex

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

your asking us what to get tattooed, your not ready wait until you are 100% sure what you want instead of rushing and asking other people for ideas.

theRexMundi
    Participant
    @therexmundi

Hi Wardy,

I’m not rushing to get this tattoo done, i’m only in the stage of planning it. I have decided on the concept of, but am struggling to get inspiration on how to put his concept on paper. All i’m asking is for peoples ideas for the subject matter/concept I described above. An single idea my get my brain working to come up with something on my own. I’m not planning to take the first suggestion and rush out and get it done. it took me two years to design my last one!

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@Wardy 127963 wrote:

your asking us what to get tattooed, your not ready wait until you are 100% sure what you want instead of rushing and asking other people for ideas.

Wardy says that to almost everyone who asks a question.

Why don’t you get a Beatles inspired tattoo since that’s where the phrase you want comes from? There’s plenty of amazing Beatles artwork that you could use.

Or something like this.

il_fullxfull.412922446_189p.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Your idea sound complicated. Just make sure you get a great tattoo artist, they’ll handle the details.

Keep us posted.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Really like the idea but ditch the words! Cheesy and it is much better explained through art 🙂

Do you have an artist in mind, of so it is always a good idea to get feedback from forums on the artist you chosen before you get one 🙂

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Sounds interesting good plan to talk it out first. I would lose the words and just show the imagery. Your First step is finding the correct tattooist for the job that can handle it. Where do you live maybe we can help you find someone. After you find the correct tattooist then you bounce your ideas off of him/her.
    Good luck

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I personally think a beautiful execution would be a woman standing looking clean, neat, relaxed, with her eyes shut, in a particularly hellish background.

theRexMundi
    Participant
    @therexmundi

Thanks for all your replies so far.

Its more the interpretation of the lyric rather than any particular love for the Beatles. I do like the picture though, could be a nice center piece, or at least some kind of variation.

If i kept the words they would be subtle and semi hidden within the image. That being said, i have wondered if they would be too ‘cheesy’.

I’m from Nottingham, so if you have any suggestion of good artists around the area i’d love to know. I’ve found a guy call Tim Croke from SecondSkin in Derby who i’m considering. His work looks really good to me. What do you guys think?

I like the idea GrayCatLove, though I think i’d like a bit more balance between the good stuff and bad stuff. I’m wondering whether it might look good to split a full sleeve, top half is bad stuff, bottom is good stuff with some bridging imagery between?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

You’re speaking to one who is a relatively newbie and at best, mildly tattooed…. Only one big two session piece on my bod, but I don’t think it’s a bad idea at all. People on here would do better to find you a good artist.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@theRexMundi 127977 wrote:

Thanks for all your replies so far.

Its more the interpretation of the lyric rather than any particular love for the Beatles. I do like the picture though, could be a nice center piece, or at least some kind of variation.

If i kept the words they would be subtle and semi hidden within the image. That being said, i have wondered if they would be too ‘cheesy’.

I’m from Nottingham, so if you have any suggestion of good artists around the area i’d love to know. I’ve found a guy call Tim Croke from SecondSkin in Derby who i’m considering. His work looks really good to me. What do you guys think?

I like the idea GrayCatLove, though I think i’d like a bit more balance between the good stuff and bad stuff. I’m wondering whether it might look good to split a full sleeve, top half is bad stuff, bottom is good stuff with some bridging imagery between?

Check out the map I made of top notch artists around the world in my signature link 🙂

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@theRexMundi 127964 wrote:

Hi Wardy,

I’m not rushing to get this tattoo done, i’m only in the stage of planning it. I have decided on the concept of, but am struggling to get inspiration on how to put his concept on paper. All i’m asking is for peoples ideas for the subject matter/concept I described above. An single idea my get my brain working to come up with something on my own. I’m not planning to take the first suggestion and rush out and get it done. it took me two years to design my last one!

Like others have said, find a really great artist and have a discussion with him/her. It seems that you are able to describe quite well what you are looking for, give the right artist a little inspiration and the freedom to create and you can end up with MAGIC. Do not be afraid to travel a little to get to the right artist, what you end up with will be worth it. You can’t go wrong with anyone on PP’s Brag Art List, or if you find someone else post a link and you will be sure to get MANY opinions here on whether they would be up to the task.

And I really do like that image of the eyes over the hand, I think that it would make an interesting tattoo – or part of a sleeve.

I took a quick look at Tim Croke’s stuff and to my eye it looks pretty good, I quite like what I saw. But I am also far from an expert. There are other much more well trained eyes here on the forum.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

https://www.facebook.com/secondskinderby

Yes go for it his black and grey work is pretty solid. Call him schedule up a consultation with him and bounce your ideas off of him. I have a felling you’re going to come up with a super solid tattoo.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.