m3t4lh3ad
Participant
@m3t4lh3ad

Hi everyone, new to the forum and after some advice. I’ve got 2 pieces already, one on my ribs and one on my calf and I’m now looking at a half sleeve.

Problem is, the only idea I really consistently like is a Legend of Zelda theme. Which would be fine, but it seems like a kinda immature thing to do. I’m 19, and have been playing Zelda games since I was 6, have owned and completed almost every game multiple times, and am generally a total Zelda and video game geek, but the immaturity aspect just puts me off.

The whole concept of the sleeve is about fighting through a rough time over the last few years and parts of those hard times would fit well with stuff from the games, plus I love the art styles and designs of Zelda stuff, and I like the metaphors that would go with it.

Basically I’d like peoples two cents on the idea, whether I am being immature or with all things considered it’s not as immature to me personally as it might seem to others.

Thanks for your help

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

when you are 50 years old will you still be happy with it…………

m3t4lh3ad
Participant
@m3t4lh3ad

Yes, I’m pretty sure I won’t regret it. I’ve been gaming a long time and what the piece is going to be a metaphor for is always gonna be with me, so it’s really just referencing the video game as a visual representation

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Go for it!

Lifes short and it seems like it is something you want and will like to have.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

thats all that matters, if you are going to be happy with it,

I am 48 now and my wants and desires from my life as a 19 year old mean nothing to me now, I grew so far past that time

m3t4lh3ad
Participant
@m3t4lh3ad

Thanks, I need people to just make me feel less like I’m potentially gonna do something really stupid.

I’ve got an idea at the moment, how would something like this translate to a tattoo?

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/254/5/2/zelda_ocarina_of_time_bosses_by_afonsodestroyer-d49jxhm.jpg

It would be colour, and I can get the coloured references if that’s relevant

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

sorry cant open deviant art at work, IT guys dont dig that stuff

m3t4lh3ad
Participant
@m3t4lh3ad

...er-d49jxhm.jpg

Apparently the image uploader built into the forum engine doesn’t like deivantart either, that’s not helpful.

Have a look in my album, there’s the work I’ve got and the design I tried linking.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=5032

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.