anymouse
@

I recently overcame a few years of depression and Want a tattoo to help me remember my strength during those years and how I overcame this obstacle.

I wrote a lot of poems about a ship because thats how I felt I was (a ship lost in the ocean without a captain or crew to help it back to land) so I want something involving an anchor. The anchor symbolizes the depression that kept me from land (happiness) But I want something on the tattoo that symbolizes my conquering of that anchor (depression) maybe something wrapped around it?

If you have any ideas of anything for a tattoo resembling overcoming depression let me know please. Thank you.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Hello and Welcome to the forum. Personally i would go big for this piece and get the ship you where thinking about the whole time on your ribs or something with the water underneath it with the anchor in mid air as though it’s just been chucked over board.

End of the day though it’s your tattoo but you should go on “www.google.com” and search Anchor tattoo’s on images and see if there any designs that are to your liking that you can edit in your own way and add your own little bits to so that it is your own. Or maybe you could steal different bits from different anchor tattoo’s to make it to your liking.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
Wardy;101115 wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Personally i would go big for this piece and get the ship you where thinking about the whole time on your ribs or something with the water underneath it with the anchor in mid air as though it’s just been chucked over board.

Thumbs up on the ship…. although I’d maybe have the ship breaking away from the anchor chain. There are so many possibilities….. I love the idea of something signifying your overcoming the depression. The anchor itself seems to signify the depression… I think whether you do the ship or not, there needs to be something that shows a release from the depression.

Was there anything in particular that helped you break free?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Yeah breaking away does sound better to be honest.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.