jmadzula1
Participant
@jmadzula1

Hi,

My wife and I had a baby boy 3 months ago, and I would like to get a tattoo…

I didn’t know if it was alright to get his name and his hand print on my leg with his date of birth. I really like this concept but wanted some peoples opinions.

I didn’t want it to look like a “memorial” for someone who passed away, so I was looking for suggestions.

Thank you,

Jim

Dale1978
Participant
@dale1978
jmadzula1;88658 wrote:
Hi,

My wife and I had a baby boy 3 months ago, and I would like to get a tattoo…

I didn’t know if it was alright to get his name and his hand print on my leg with his date of birth. I really like this concept but wanted some peoples opinions.

I didn’t want it to look like a “memorial” for someone who passed away, so I was looking for suggestions.

Thank you,

Jim

I would do the hand print and his name and maybe leave out the birth date. Now if you are going to do the actual size of the hand print it may be to small to get on a larger surface area and wont look right because a tiny piece can look lost. For a small hand print it may look better on a wrist area.
Cheers

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

doesn’t matter what it looks like to other people as long as it means something to you.

Personally i would get a portrait of he’s face though with he’s name underneath it.

jmadzula1
Participant
@jmadzula1

I think I have changed my mind…

I want to get either his footprint or handprint on my chest with his name on it, so its close to my heart… Any thoughts or ideas or anyone have anything like this done?

I have heard that a footprint is easier than a handprint to do for the artist, and footprints look better, any truth to this?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
jmadzula1;88909 wrote:
I think I have changed my mind…

I want to get either his footprint or handprint on my chest with his name on it, so its close to my heart… Any thoughts or ideas or anyone have anything like this done?

I have heard that a footprint is easier than a handprint to do for the artist, and footprints look better, any truth to this?

a foot print does look miles better!

but im sure if you got yourself a decent enough tattoo artist he would be able to do a hand print

jmadzula1
Participant
@jmadzula1

Does anyone else have any other ideas for a “new father” tattoo? I’ve talked to a lot of my friends, and they don’t like the idea I have come up with… Me being me, and so self conscious, I am thinking of trying to find another design I would like…

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

None of my friends like any of my tattoo’s. Don’t change it to please other people dude. Get something you like and if it’s a tattoo with something to do with your son you can’t go far wrong.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.