allan30
Participant
@allan30

Hey everyone, I’m Allan, 15, and I’ve been looking forward to get a tat for a lil while. I’m a perfectionist
person and I’m not a spontaneous fool, that’s probably why my parents trust my own judgement. Now here
is my idea:

I want to get the words ”Dance” tattooed on both of my ankles bethind my legs for several reasons:

1. To remember who I was as a teenager and always stay true to myself.

2. Reunited the words ”Dance Dance” are the name of a hit song by Fall Out Boy wish is a huge musical
inspiration to me as I’m a musician myself and in the song, Dance Dance pretty much means ” Forget all
that happened before, tonight you can do anything” as the video goes in a prom. So it’s a way to
remember to never regret anything and just jump on opportunities without being afraid.

3. The location would be easy to hide just with socks, and I doubt I’ll get anything else tattooed around that spot.

The word ”Dance” would be about 2” long and written in an elegant, long and fine font. I doubt I could regret such a small and easy to hide tattoo, tell me what you think of my ideas.

Thank you already, Allan

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

You seem mature for your age, despite your poor taste in music.:p

I’m a youngn’ myself; and I know that I consider myself wiser than I was at your age…
But I have tattoos.
And who’s to say that in a couple years I won’t consider my present self an idiot?

If your parents are ok with it, and willing to sign for you…
I’d say go for it.

A few things to remember:
Some states you NEED to be 18. No parental consent is accepted.
A very thin font may not look great for many years…and may require touch-ups more often.
Getting tattooed is an amazing experience…prepare to be overflowing with ideas for future pieces immediately following your first.

allan30
Participant
@allan30

Sorry if we don’t share musical tastes, I love tons of bands though ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks for your reply, I live in Canada if that can clear the state thing for you, about the present self being an idiot xD well I’d say that if you always stay true to yourself you can’t really find your present self dumb, I mean, if you were proud and happy of a certain moment I guess it should follow you. But yeah again I’m such a perfectionnist :S.

I’ve heard about too small font making it fade after some time, I suppose just asking artists about it would clear it up for me, I want a size that’s readable without crouching to my feet, I don’t mind it bigger since socks could hide it anyway ๐Ÿ˜›

I’d also like people commenting the idea in general since I already have the general information I need.

Mayohoffman
Participant
@mayohoffman

We live in Ontario and I had to sign for my 16 yr old to get his tat. Even said the artist said it’s a personal choice of each artist to Still refuse to ink a minor. My sons being a memorial they were pretty accepting. See my album.

allan30
Participant
@allan30

Thank you for the advice.

But please can someone tell me if my idea is interesting or if you feel you would get it tattooed if you had the same motives as I do etc…

hoping for more posts ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, personally I think the idea sucks.

Tattooing the ankles is going to hurt like a sonofabitch, and it’s in an area where you are constantly rubbing something against it. The skin on the feet and hands regenerates MUCH faster than any other skin on the body, so the ink will fade that much faster. This may be okay if you go to a cheap artist, but personally I prefer my ink to stay put… not go away.

Script:
Thin, flowy text…. it’ll disappear. The back of the ankles is an extremely curved location, and you will probably rarely see the entire thing when looking from one angle, due to half of it being hidden on the other side of the curve.

Contents:
Dance and Dance… all discussions of musical taste aside, if I see someone with the same word tattooed on himself twice, I’ll jokingly ask if his tattooist stuttered.

Text in general:
Dont like text much, and especially dislike plain, simple text with nothing surrounding it. It’s just too empty to me.

xOwnlife1984x
Participant
@xownlife1984x

It is your body so I will never criticize something that you as a person want. Like it has been said already you will need to be careful with the size of the script becasue it will fade, it will distort, and it will need more frequent touch ups. As to the location….pain is pain. Your first tattoo is going to hurt. 99.9% chance of that. But if you want it there, you will endure that pain. Don’t let anyone discourage you from that. But have you had your major growth spurt yet? cuz you could have some stretching issues with the tattoo if you get it there at your age. Text can be beautiful if done right. This is a piece that, so long as it means something to you, don’t let anyone else discourage you from that. Happy ink ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.