BCbud
Participant
@bcbud

Sorry I just introduced myself and its a bit early to start asking but this has been on the top of my mind.

I’ve been looking around alot and I’ve seen a few that interest me, right now I am thinking about this one:

ravenwolftattooxxbydark.jpg w600.png

But I am also interested where I should put it ( can move/remove the letters, just want the wolf and bird).

I am thinking shoulder area or arms but i am not sure how and where to position, I wouldn’t mind some friendly feedback where to stick it.

xxxxq.jpg w413.png

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

A piece like that screams chest piece to me – to do it justice i would do it big across a chest panel (pectoral) otherwise you can just as easily fit it on a tricep (upper arm).

It really depends on how comfortable you are with the size of it. The bigger it is the more detail you can add.

Take care
Matthew

BCbud
Participant
@bcbud

wow across my chest panel is pretty hardcore for a first tattoo! I might just go with my right tricep. is that a good side?

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

To me, it is very horizontal. I gotta agree with Sherav with the chest or possible across your upper back. Oh, and welcome

BCbud
Participant
@bcbud

thanks so much for the feedback. I am really deciding on upper back or right arm.

edit; I want to put in Chinese charactersTrust, Strength, Honor, Respect instead of the ones in that picture is that a good idea?

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Pretty interesting piece there.
Deff gotta throw that up as a chest piece.

What’s the inspiration behind it?

BCbud
Participant
@bcbud
BIKERinBLACK77;54953 wrote:
Pretty interesting piece there.
Deff gotta throw that up as a chest piece.

What’s the inspiration behind it?

Chest piece you say? haha nows its a back or front choice for me :O

story: Well I’ve always loved Wolves and what they symbolize, which is: Power, cunning, strength, courage. But don’t mistake me for trying to be a Lone Wolf but really its the opposite a wolf is more common an animal that is loyal and lives and runs in a pack, they are also natural leaders.

I also think Wolves are still pretty new to tattoos as I haven’t seen anyone with a Wolf tattoo more tigers, koi fish and other animals.

That picture just moved me when I saw it on Deviant Art. As you can also see there is a bird inside the wolf which to me means freedom. His wings also spark imagination and thought in me. I think it is a Raven and I have read “Norse Gods were often accompanied by Ravens who were seen as particularly wise and clever birds.”.

EDIT
After a long day of thinking and talking with people, I’ve decided to put off any text characters and just stick the wolf piece on my chest. The words have to be very symbolic and mean something to me, I am not sure I am ready to tattoo characters or a statement on myself which I will wear for the rest of my life. I think when I am older and have more experience I can add a statement or Chinese characters meaning something relevant to the piece for now I will leave it and maybe get some other areas done later on aswell hehe.

thank you for all your support, I will post pictures as soon as I get it, I am getting it some time next year when I feel ready.

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

Looks like a pretty good idea. Is that a drawing that you did? Or did you find it out of a book, ect? The reason I ask is I’ve had two smaller tat’s that came out of books, basically that anyone could have or may already have. I got these when I was less experienced with tats and also pretty young. These have recently been covered up. I would recommend finding a very good artist that does lots of custom work, bring in your sketches or pictures, sit down with him and let him come up with a custom piece. I found that to be the best, and you’ll have a tat that is totally different and unique, just my thoughts and experience! 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

will need to be a decent size to keep all the detail in the fox/wolf ?

BCbud
Participant
@bcbud
Butterfly_Kisses;55028 wrote:
will need to be a decent size to keep all the detail in the fox/wolf ?

yeah I will put it on my chest, I think it should be good enough

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.