Jimtheflow
    Participant
    @jimtheflow

Hey I recently just turned 18 and am thinking about getting a tattoo. I’m not going to get anything fancy but something along the lines that says, “All the world is my country, all mankind is my brethren, and to do good is my religion”(Thomas Paine) in a medium or small sized cursive font on my upper back. What do you guys think?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

sounds alright but you don’t want to get it to small or your lettering will one day blur together .

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I would recommend a size 12 font at the very least and possibly put it somewhere else on your body such as chest or collarbones or upper arm.

That is because the back is the biggest section of canvas you have and tattooing becomes really addictive.

Take Care
    Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

that is quite a fair size piece for your first tattoo, the lettering needs to be a fair size as tattoos do mingle and distort with time, after a few yers the writing will just be a mess if its too small or too close together…
    i would recommend on your chest for the piece although it is a nippy area for most people.
    choose your artist well as script needs to be done perfectly for the wow factor ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jimtheflow
    Participant
    @jimtheflow

What if I have a hairy chest? Should I get it waxed?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

wax or shave it !
    i have always been fond of a hairy chest so if you post a pic i can give you my opinion whats best :p LOL :rolleyes:

Jimtheflow
    Participant
    @jimtheflow
    Butterfly_Kisses;48816 wrote:
    wax or shave it !
    i have always been fond of a hairy chest so if you post a pic i can give you my opinion whats best :p LOL :rolleyes:

Haha, only if I had a camera : /. I’m going to be buying one soon. How much is a wax generally? I know nothing about waxes.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i could not tell you :rolleyes: so far i never needed to wax my chest ๐Ÿ˜€
    where you from, someone here might know

Jimtheflow
    Participant
    @jimtheflow

st louis, missouri

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Unless you plan on keeping it waxed, you can just wait until the day of the tattoo, and shave it. That will work fine for your artist.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

yeah but if you wax it a few times im sure it doesnt start growing back as much ๐Ÿ˜‰

jamdemos
    Participant
    @jamdemos

My artist shaved the area that I was getting my tattoo before he did it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.