trixxstyles
    Participant
    @trixxstyles

hey to all getting my first tat on my birthday sept 11 friday all is set up just need to decide on the koi’s color
    tat is going to be a half sleeve with the koi swiming up with a little blue water spashs and greyish black back ground. my only thing is what color to get the koi i was thinking of red, black white . but any thoughts?

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

sounds good to me 😎

sebtattoo
    Participant
    @sebtattoo

Hi!So if you want a Koi with blue water,whith a koi in red, you must add orange and yellow in each scalles and you must to add green color in the water….the blue/green and hotcolors are very beautifull…..
    blue water with koi in white and black it’s not a good idea….Koi in colors whith white and black water, it’s beautiful to….;)

flying eyeball tattoo
    Participant
    @flying-eyeball-tattoo

:rolleyes:

sebtattoo;48433 wrote:
    Hi!So if you want a Koi with blue water,whith a koi in red, you must add orange and yellow in each scalles and you must to add green color in the water….the blue/green and hotcolors are very beautifull…..
    blue water with koi in white and black it’s not a good idea….Koi in colors whith white and black water, it’s beautiful to….;)

:rolleyes:Excuse me for being blunt but to suggest a red Koi MUST have any certain color added is just bullshit. I don’t know where you get your information but you couldn’t be further from correct on every level of your statement. You MUST add green to the water? Why? That would only serve to dilute the blue if that’s what you want then fine. Nothing wrong with either. To suggest a red Koi must have both orance and yellows in each scale is just ridiculously stupid. Then you’d only have a tiny bit of each color in each scale which would give the entire tattoo a orangish blurred tone, not enough of any color in a single area to stand out, without constrast they disappear into the background leaving nothing to draw the eye to. Basically Koi look great as long as the colors used are complimentary to the colors used in the background, or water as in this case. This is true with art in general

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

You could go for a few coloured scales towards the ehad and face and have them gradually spread out down the spine and across the sides.

Below is a few examples

http://www.koi-ponds-care.co.uk/Images/Koi-PondTypes1.jpg

http://outdoorelementspa.com/images/koi.jpg

http://www.koitotheworld.com/koiphotos/Ki%20Matsuba%20Butterfy%20Koi%20b.jpg

Koi often use there coloured scales to attract mates and to fend off predators with the flash of colour.

Most colours work as long as they are in proportion to the body and suit the background colour as well.

Good luck!

Matthew

sebtattoo
    Participant
    @sebtattoo

in each scalles, you start with red and pass to orange and you finallyze with small yellow, in shading…And you have a very lightly tattoo.I don’t talk you of original Koi carp, but a model more ambicious, more modern….And the fire color are more lightning with green, but the water is blue, so you must to add green color in shading whit blue…You understand?:D ….of course, it’s no possible if do a traditional koi…
    heu…only if you want a modern version of traditional koi, of course!!!

trixxstyles
    Participant
    @trixxstyles

well theres not going to be a lot of water(blue) jsut a splash to one side of the koi goung to have a grey/blackish back ground. if this help out

flying eyeball tattoo
    Participant
    @flying-eyeball-tattoo
    sebtattoo;48438 wrote:
    in each scalles, you start with red and pass to orange and you finallyze with small yellow, in shading…And you have a very lightly tattoo.I don’t talk you of original Koi carp, but a model more ambicious, more modern….And the fire color are more lightning with green, but the water is blue, so you must to add green color in shading whit blue…You understand?:D ….of course, it’s no possible if do a traditional koi…
    heu…only if you want a modern version of traditional koi, of course!!!

Went right over your head with my explanation I see……

sebtattoo
    Participant
    @sebtattoo

….is reciprocal boy….:D;)

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

hi

just wondered has your koi got the spot on the top of its head ?
    i love that , thats just why i asked and not all of them have it done :rolleyes:

trixxstyles
    Participant
    @trixxstyles

no spot did not like the spots on there heads.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.