Fotog
Participant
@fotog

My grandpa not only built bombs in WWII , but ran a mower small engine repair shop attached to his house in my hometown of Detroit Mi.
When he passed , I was left one of his mowers , a push model I still have and plans to pinstripe and metal flake it someday as art. That said, I drew this Thursday in preparation for my next tattoo – either to be done on myself by me, or by a artist in town I’ve recently found. If I can afford them, I’ll use em – cuz I am a collector. Any thoughts ? Its done old school sailor Jerry style and is meant to be done in a 7 -9 RL , and shaded with a 7 or 9M. More art and flash in my folder….as I have a flash set a coming soon.

Demure
Participant
@demure

I love the design. My only complaint would be that the ribbon says “Old School” in it. If it’s to commemorate your grandpa, why not have something about him. Like his birthday and passing…? I don’t know, just a suggestion.

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

^^ Yep.. Exactly

Fotog
Participant
@fotog

Actually, being as he gave me the REAL push mower, and being as he owned a mower shop….and being that he WAS Old School- he’d slap me if I tattooed hes name on me, and who the hell wants to remember the day he died / ie- left me. Morbid.
It’s this kinda comment stuff, that convinces me not enough people DRAW and too many people have opinions.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Personally I think the drawing is lacking. It looks like it’s something drawn by me… which is not nice at all.

Demure
Participant
@demure

Okay well the point is… Putting in the words OLD SCHOOL is stating the obvious. If putting the date in isn’t your style, and you don’t want his name… Take out the ribbon for text. If you ask for opinions on a forum, then you’re not going to get a sugar coated answer.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i have to agree on the old school in the the banner :rolleyes:
you asked for help and got helpful answers so why come back spitting your dummy out like a child ..

you could always have something else written , how about your grandfathers shop name ?
or ripping grass since the date he opened this shop ??
more people would try and help if you didnt get shirty

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
Fotog;64889 wrote:
Actually, being as he gave me the REAL push mower, and being as he owned a mower shop….and being that he WAS Old School- he’d slap me if I tattooed hes name on me, and who the hell wants to remember the day he died / ie- left me. Morbid.
It’s this kinda comment stuff, that convinces me not enough people DRAW and too many people have opinions.

I thought the mower looked like shit even before I read your childish remarks

ljfran2383
Participant
@ljfran2383

I happen to love it. If you want it to say old school, go for it.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Looks like shit. Cool idea, but you should get a real artist to draw it for you. I also looked thru your album and that work looks a bit ameturish. Keep practicing.

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

As others have the drawing is lacking, but the idea is solid. Get a skilled artist to draw it up for you.

I agree with others, putting old school in the banner seems redundant.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Your gonna tattoo your nest?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.