JonXp
    Participant
    @jonxp

hello.. im pretty new to tattoo, so any advice people could give me would be much appreciated… anyway ive been looking into pinstripe designs and old-school tattoo’s for my upper arm. ive come up with a nice hot-rod style pinstripe that im thinking as a possibility to use… pinstripe_by_JonXp.jpg

wanted to know if you think its a cool idea/design; i was thinking to take out the iron cross it was just an example of the hot-rod style.

BowsButtons
    Participant
    @bowsbuttons

I think this is a cool idea. The what colours would you use? Black and red?
    A background would look awesome.
    I don’t think the Independant logo in the middle is a good choice though.
    Also, make it more consistant with the white lines in the middle at the top.

JonXp
    Participant
    @jonxp

yeah, i do want to change the independent logo, its just temporary;; also the lines would most probably be in red and black. how would a background work ? im not too good with tattoo’s to be honest, haha.

cheers

BowsButtons
    Participant
    @bowsbuttons

Maybe keep with the motor style and have a mist of carbon monoxide.
    If you’re really into your racing cars and old school style, maybe you should try out checked flags and stuff like that. Could put a car wheel in the middle..

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Would look nice but you def need some background.

Maybe a chrome steering wheel, carb or something that is personal to your tastes.
    It would give something for the pinstripe to work around as otherwise would just look like some random lines.

Take care

Matthew

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

I just had a quick photoshop on it and replaced the white with black…. it definately needs something to go with it…. also the top of the design is not correct, pin stripe designs are a mirror image but the top of yours is completely wrong

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

I’m kinda gonna have to go against the crowd here man. That thing is basically a half-assed tribal that’ll look a helluva lot better on paper than on you. Frankly, I’ve seen at least a dozen similar tattoos on people, and they universally look like crap, regardless of the artist.

But, hey, if you want a crappy jock tattoo, go for it man!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

JonXp
    Participant
    @jonxp

Outlaw – thanks, it pretty much is intended to be the second layer with an image in the centre; the lines at the top were going to be temp’.

KnightHawk- for mixing pinstriping with tribal is a stupid fucking mistake… cheers for the lame criticism.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Hey, no problem my man! Glad I could help you out!

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you–I’m always here to lean on, because, gosh darn it, I don’t say it enough, but I love you man!

😀

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Damn

I would personally like to put KH up for the award of ‘The Most Empathic Poster’.

Brought tears to my eyes …No wait that is because I am laughing too damn much.

😀

JonXp – You just gotta learn to roll with the KH he is brutal in his execution but his views do make you consider your ideas carefully (even if you disagree). Which is always a good thing in my opinion.

Take Care

Matthew

MrWills
    Participant
    @mrwills

I like the pin striping, I would be carful on the independent cross thou. I like them but not everyone know what it stands for, or that it is a skate board company.

Imperial Design
    Participant
    @imperial-design
    KnightHawk;37726 wrote:
    I’m kinda gonna have to go against the crowd here man. That thing is basically a half-assed tribal that’ll look a helluva lot better on paper than on you. Frankly, I’ve seen at least a dozen similar tattoos on people, and they universally look like crap, regardless of the artist.

But, hey, if you want a crappy jock tattoo, go for it man!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Good to see some honesty. That design really isn’t much of anything. There isn’t any real movement with it, like it doesn’t make you feel like you are being moved. Its general and generic.

rev_martin4
    Participant
    @rev_martin4
    Sherav;37744 wrote:
    Damn

I would personally like to put KH up for the award of ‘The Most Empathic Poster’.

Brought tears to my eyes …No wait that is because I am laughing too damn much.

😀

JonXp – You just gotta learn to roll with the KH he is brutal in his execution but his views do make you consider your ideas carefully (even if you disagree). Which is always a good thing in my opinion.

Take Care

Matthew

All great people seemed to have had a counter point which without they wouldn’t have seemed so great.

-Rev

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

YAY! I’m officaly KnightHawk the Great!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.